• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

20 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

It seems like it's the standard stuff:

fever, aches, site pain.

https://bestlifeonline.com/news-side-effects-johnson-johnson-vaccine/

I don't think it's quite as effective initially, but looks like it's highly protective at around 2 months. Honestly, once we get to a certain level of vaccination, there's less circulating virus for us to be protected from, which is great.

It also seems like this one is known to be effective against variants, which is great.

I feel like the relatively small number of the population that has been vaccinated has already made a significant impact on the spread of this virus. I think the J&J one will really make a huge difference and we may be passed this come June.  I don’t know much about herd immunity but it seems like we are headed in that direction 

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Fauci says New York coronavirus variant likely emerged in an HIV/AIDS patient

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, on Monday urged a close watch of a coronavirus variant recently detected in New York.

"We certainly are taking the New York variant, the 526 [referring to B.1.526] very seriously," Fauci said during a White House briefing, later adding, "We have to really keep an eye on that for its ability to evade both monoclonal antibodies and to a certain extent, the vaccine-induced antibodies, so it’s something we take very, very seriously."

Fauci noted unknowns associated with the variant, like the degree and persistence of viral load in the nasopharynx, and whether variants emerge in immunocompromised individuals. His comments came after reporter Laurie Garrett questioned whether the variant first emerged in an HIV/AIDs patient.

"We often get asked a question that's a reasonable question - Should people who are immunocompromised get vaccinated? And the answer is absolutely yes - absolutely yes," Fauci said. "That's not only important for them for their own health, but that could be the breeding ground for the emergence of variants for the simple reason that if you don't clear the virus rapidly you're going to have immunological selection within a given individual and as Laurie said correctly, that was probably how all of this started with the 526."

7 hours ago, Jason said:

I feel like the relatively small number of the population that has been vaccinated has already made a significant impact on the spread of this virus. I think the J&J one will really make a huge difference and we may be passed this come June.  I don’t know much about herd immunity but it seems like we are headed in that direction 

I think we're on the downswing of this as well. We've got about 28 million confirmed cases in the US so far I believe, which I'd guess means we're probably close to 50 million actual cases (people that had such mild symptoms they didn't get tested or were asympomatic). That's like 1 in 6 or 7 people that have already had it. So that's a pretty big chunk of the population that are extremely unlikely to get it again and extremely unlikely to pass it on. Combine that with the vaccine efforts, and it seems like the virus is kinda running out of people to spread it pretty quickly. I can tell you that at the peak here in December the KC metro was averaging about 1,200 new cases a day, and last week the daily average was about 160. That's a pretty big drop. I'm not sure what it's like elsewhere, but I'd guess similar things are happening to some degree. 

I'm still cool with masks inside and everything, simply because it's a super easy thing to do while some people still might be vulnerable, but it's about time to start opening everything up again all the way.

37 minutes ago, Don said:

I think we're on the downswing of this as well. We've got about 28 million confirmed cases in the US so far I believe, which I'd guess means we're probably close to 50 million actual cases (people that had such mild symptoms they didn't get tested or were asympomatic). That's like 1 in 6 or 7 people that have already had it. So that's a pretty big chunk of the population that are extremely unlikely to get it again and extremely unlikely to pass it on. Combine that with the vaccine efforts, and it seems like the virus is kinda running out of people to spread it pretty quickly. I can tell you that at the peak here in December the KC metro was averaging about 1,200 new cases a day, and last week the daily average was about 160. That's a pretty big drop. I'm not sure what it's like elsewhere, but I'd guess similar things are happening to some degree. 

I'm still cool with masks inside and everything, simply because it's a super easy thing to do while some people still might be vulnerable, but it's about time to start opening everything up again all the way.

Cali was 52,000 in early January and down to around 3,000 now 

Johnson & Johnson teaming up with rival to manufacture coronavirus vaccine

Merck & Co. is teaming up with rival Johnson & Johnson to help manufacture its recently-approved COVID-19 vaccine as the nation seeks to eliminate the virus in part through a mass inoculation effort. Two White House officials confirmed the partnership to Fox News.

Johnson & Johnson previously agreed to supply the U.S. with 100 million doses of its one-shot vaccine by June, but White House officials said the company had struggled with supply and material issues.

10 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

AP News: Biden: US will be able to vaccinate all adults by end of May
https://apnews.com/article/merck-help-make-johnson-johnson-vaccine-9ca6f1f4c502b095531926a53abe7262

Hopefully this is the case and that more people are willing to take it. I'm not sure why people are so skeptical of it as the anti-vaxxer crowd isn't significantly large. If people aren't for political reasons then they are stupid and deserve Covid 

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Operation Warp Speed!

The fact that we have 3 vaccines this quick is absolutely something we should all be thrilled about and the Trump administration does deserve some credit with that. Now lets continue this quick process for other diseases as well. I vote we move things along for cancer cures at a quicker pace. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The fact that we have 3 vaccines this quick is absolutely something we should all be thrilled about and the Trump administration does deserve some credit with that. Now lets continue this quick process for other diseases as well. I vote we move things along for cancer cures at a quicker pace. 

Pfizer wasn't even part of Warp Speed. I think Moderna was. Not sure about J&J.