• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good Guy Takes Down Church Shooter in Texas

if only everybody who lived in shall-issue states were firearms instructors.  i'd be fine with the entire country being shall-issue if everybody with a permit were professionally trained to use firearms, which quite literally means thousands of dollars of supervised training firing live rounds.   it's maybe 1 in 1000 right now. 

glad this turned out well. 

“The only clear shot I had was his head because I still had people in the pews that were not all the way down as low as they could,” Wilson told the AP. "That was my one shot.” 

He was reportedly known to the church as someone suspicious that needed to be watched. There is a report he was also fed by the church. The man who shot him was head of security there and obviously was watching him closely in light of his very fast response. I'm wondering why he was even allowed to be there. When he walked up to the front slowly is when my alarm bells would have gone off.

At some point these disturbed individuals need to be turned away for safety's sake. But where do you draw the line, as churches are supposed to be sanctuaries and welcoming to all. Do you search these individuals outside before allowing them entrance? They would have found the shotgun under his coat. I know of some churches that won't allow backpacks, satchels, etc inside. You leave them at the door or you don't come in. There are "safety committees" now at more and more churches. I don't know if parishioners are carrying but I imagine that's the case at some churches here.

It's a messed up world now, and gun control is only a partial solution. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

It's impressive enough that I'm assuming some divine intervention was present  

Seems to me that if God had anything to do with it he could have intervened before the prick murdered 2 people.  

sorry stuff like this frustrates me.  I’m not trying to be a jerk.  

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

No divine intervention in my opinion. Just a good shot by a well trained shooter. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Seems to me that if God had anything to do with it he could have intervened before the prick murdered 2 people.  

sorry stuff like this frustrates me.  I’m not trying to be a jerk.  

Good training and a lot of luck then. That is more than a difficult shot