• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Make a move for David Price?

Chuck

I'm not a fan of adding Price, even if the BoSux pick up a substantial portion of his remaining contract; one third at least. i'd rather the Halos pursue a trade with the Mets for Syndergaard even if it means trading one of the top three prospects for him. I don't believe New York has any intent in retaining Thor when he hits free agency. And the two clubs could actually be a fit. The Mutts are in desperate need of a true center-fielder and Marsh could fill that need.

The obvious stumbling blocks for such a deal are twofold. First, the Mets may not feel Marsh is big-league ready for 2020 and they'd probably be right. Second, Syndergaard has two years of control left. He doesn't become a free agent until after the 2021 season. So it's likely one significant prospect won't be enough to pry him away.

Still, I would much prefer Eppler pursue Syndergaard than Price.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Price’s durability is history.   His stats in 2019 were mediocre.    

Hard pass

I'm not a fan of getting Price, but he did have a 113 ERA+ and 10.7 K/9.

I think he'll be about that good for the remainder of his contract, but as you said, the biggest issue at this point is his durability.

I think for the money, and the risk, just go after Ryu. His durability sucks but at least he has the upside of a 1/2 starter. Price is basically Ryu's durability mixed with Keuchel's production.

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

This graph says it all:

image.png

The graph shows his 2012 season which was his age 26 season in which he won the Cy Young.  I mean if that's what you're comparing him to then you're screwed either way.  But....

In 2015, his velocity was lower than 2012, and yet that was the best season of his career.  Still there does seem to be a direct correlation between Price throwing 95 and Price throwing 93.  At 95, he's an ace.  At 93, he's a #3/4 starter. 

This was a bad idea then, its an ever worse one now.
At this point honestly id ratehr go out and see where Taijan Walkers health is than kill whatev er payroll flexibility we might have left.|
Literally the only way i take Price at this point is if it also gets us Betts and they pay down a bunch of the money, which isnt likely to happen

1.  Trade Upton for Price - AAV gain ~10mil/yr

2.  Re-sign old friend Calhoun to a 1/10 deal (4mil cheaper than option) to cover for Upton's absence and buy Adell/Marsh some developmental time

3.  Sign Castro to a 2/10

Lineup:  1B LaStella, CF Trout, DH Ohtani, 3B Rendon, RF Calhoun, LF Goodwin, SS Simba, C Castro, 2B Fletcher.  Once Adell is ready, replace Goodwin with Adell in that order.  Next year, both Adell and Marsh can be penciled in to that lineup.

Rotation:  Price, Ohtani, Heaney, Bundy, Teheran, Canning