Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

Make a move for David Price?


Chuck

Recommended Posts

If we lose out on Ryu in the FA sweepstakes I'd seriously like to explore a trade with the Red Sox for Price. David Price getting reunited with Joe Maddon could be a boost to his career, but from what I've seen in some of his starts in 2019 he sure looks like he can still be a #1 ace in a rotation.

Here's a few of his starts against good hitting teams in 2019. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

If we miss out on Ryu, shift our focus to Gray.  If we can’t trade for him, then I guess you might consider Price.

yeah, don't get me wrong. I still want Ryu and I would prefer Gray over Price. That said, Price still has what it takes to be a guy to shut down a good offense and be a great addition to our rotation. 

Reuniting with Joe Maddon may inspire him a bit too. 

Regarding Jon Gray, has there been any indication that the Rockies would trade him or why they'd want to in the first place?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

yeah, don't get me wrong. I still want Ryu and I would prefer Gray over Price. That said, Price still has what it takes to be a guy to shut down a good offense and be a great addition to our rotation. 

Reuniting with Joe Maddon may inspire him a bit too. 

Regarding Jon Gray, has there been any indication that the Rockies would trade him or why they'd want to in the first place?

It’s been reported we have interest in him but also that the Rockies don’t have any interest in trading him.  That was before the Arenado rumors came out though, and if they end up dealing him, they might be more inclined to move Gray too.  I guess I just feel like we should really wait before trying to make a move for Price as I don’t think anyone wants to bail Boston out of that contract any time soon.  I like him as being more of a February trade if we can’t acquire someone better before then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If we lose out on Ryu in the FA sweepstakes I'd seriously like to explore a trade with the Red Sox for Price. David Price getting reunited with Joe Maddon could be a boost to his career, but from what I've seen in some of his starts in 2019 he sure looks like he can still be a #1 ace in a rotation.

Here's a few of his starts against good hitting teams in 2019. 

 

 

Price is a decent pitcher at this point, so I think it’s all about what he’d cost. FanGraphs Zips projections have him worth around 2 wins-ish each year for the next three. He is being paid maybe more like a 4-5 win pitcher. Craig Edwards over at Fangraphs says Price is maybe worth $30M, so he’s worth maybe $60M less than he’s making. It’s a big gap at this point so if the Sox send a lot of value with him, or we can swap a bad contract to pay that down, maybe this works. For me, Ryu is the guy. Price is an okay fallback option but I’m not clear on why they would not do everything possible to get Ryu? The pitching market seems to be slowing down a bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

I don't think Price is a good overall option for us. 

Why?

He has the stuff to go head to head with the best. If you lose out on Ryu, David Price is still a good top of the rotation option for the next three years. He's still younger than Scherzer, Grienke, Verlander and his stuff plays out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Including the 2020 season, Price is owed $96M over three years for the remainder of his contract, with no deferred money. He is 34 already.

 

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

No. Just no and quit with the desperation moves that only result in getting a boat anchor contract for a has been player. 

yeah, I don't really care how much money Boston would send our way to cover, I just don't see price as fitting our needs. plus, I have no interest in helping the Red Sox. screw them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tank said:

yeah, I don't really care how much money Boston would send our way to cover, I just don't see price as fitting our needs. plus, I have no interest in helping the Red Sox. screw them.

Helping the Angels outweighs helping the Red Sox. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...