• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: WS : Nationals @ Astros Game 1 - 10-22-2019

12 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

We were discussing sports ratings, not NASCAR

50 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

There is like no discussion of the actual game on the field.

tenor.gif?itemid=4572649

Edited by True Grich

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

There is like no discussion of the actual game on the field.

Baseball is falling so far behind the NBA and NFL.

When your team is out in the NFL or NBA, people still watch the championship game.  Hell, Super Bowl Sunday is a defacto national holiday.

When your team is out in baseball, people tune out.  Maybe not this board, these are mostly die hards.  But in general, nobody else cares except the two cities involved.

Sort of a timely article that essentially argues that baseball is at it's core a local thing...   https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/22/sports/baseball/baseball-popularity-world-series.html

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Did Gerrit Cole morph into Taylor Cole last night?

Granted, it was his first WS start. 

No but his 240+ innings pitched so far this season and counting might not be a good thing for his future. 

Edited by Calzone 2

20 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Sort of a timely article that essentially argues that baseball is at it's core a local thing...   https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/22/sports/baseball/baseball-popularity-world-series.html

Interesting article.

Yes, a 162 game season opposed to 82 or 16 game schedule is going to skew the number dramatically. Same with the discrepancy of Trout being shown opposed to LeBron or Brady.

I fall into this camp and haven't been to a game since LHalo invited me to Diamond Club about two years ago. Even being local I don't have an interest in a 4-5 hour game and everyone I talk to that goes to games it's more like visiting Disneyland or a museum......you kind of go there for something to do or to say you did it. Even when I talk or others talk about going, it's become more like a social engagement than going to watch your team......it's a hangout with a baseball game going on in the background. Even at home I'll be cleaning the house with the game on in the background and just peek up if I hear a big play or homer was made. I rarely cut out time to sit and watch a full game like I used to. Even this year, the game last night was good. But outside of that the only games I remember is the Nats WC win and the ALCS winner. It almost has become how people hate soccer or hockey but tune into the World Cup or the Stanley Cup playoffs.