• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Maddon introduction

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Probably Thursday, between games 2-3 of the WS

16 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I thought they couldn't do that while the World Series is in progress. or does that mean just not on a World Series game day?

I would’ve assumed between the two series or after the WS, but maybe they don’t want other stories distracting from the WS on the day or two leading into it? Mid series seems an odd time to me...

9 hours ago, tomsred said:

I thought they couldn't do that while the World Series is in progress. or does that mean just not on a World Series game day?

1. It’s not a real rule. Just a guideline. 
2. There’s no game that day. 
3. It’s not really news since they already hired him. His press conference will he ignored by everyone but Angels fans. To the rest of baseball, it’s old news. It won’t detract from a WS off day. 

39 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Ok, so Gubi said on Twitter it’s Thursday. Baseball Tonight, Brian K said Monday. Assuming he was incorrect and it is Thursday?

I really doubt it will happen tomorrow, all is very quiet as of 10:30 pm tonight.  I can't see them announcing it and doing it on the same day.  Most likely would be Thursday.

5 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I really doubt it will happen tomorrow, all is very quiet as of 10:30 pm tonight.  I can't see them announcing it and doing it on the same day.  Most likely would be Thursday.

While Ausmus wasn't nearly the catch that Joe Maddon is, they held a private on the field press conference for Ausmus last year that was pretty underwhelming. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

While Ausmus wasn't nearly the catch that Joe Maddon is, they held a private on the field press conference for Ausmus last year that was pretty underwhelming. 

Matches the personality involved.  Maddon is personable, Ausmus is not.  Even if we don't win with Maddon, it will be a fun ride.

17 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

It’s possible, but I think Arte sees Maddon as a big acquisition, Ausmus not so much. I think they could definitely make a little bit bigger deal with Maddon.