• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Claude pr0n

Taylor

10 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

Those won’t be the three high bidders. He’ll get a big offer from Cincinnati, probably the White Sox. Probably someone else I’m not thinking of. Yanks and Dogs won’t have the high offers. 

The Yankees and Dodgers will offer him playoff security. :P

Edited by Calzone 2

12 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Gerrit Cole will NOT sign with an organization deep in the swamp of a blowing-up drug scandal. Neither will any other top-tier free agent. We might end up re-signing Cahill.

I know you’re joking. I really don’t think this issue will impact our offseason. Life happens and I think everything will be business as usual. 

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

It’ll be funny if he signs with the dogs. 

I just looked at the Dogs payroll and they have a ton of money coming off the books. They could easily sign Cole and keep or pass on Ryu.

Russell $20M

Hill $18.6M

Freese $4.6M

Ryu $17.9M

Kershaw has 2 more seasons at $31M each. 

3 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

I just looked at the Dogs payroll and they have a ton of money coming off the books. They could easily sign Cole and keep or pass on Ryu.

Russell $20M

Hill $18.6M

Freese $4.6M

Ryu $17.9M

Kershaw has 2 more seasons at $31M each. 

They were only on the hook for 3.6 mil for Russell Martin, the Jays paid the rest.  Where they did clear payroll is they finally stopped paying Matt Kemp not to play for them and Homer Bailey's money comes off the books.  They traded for him, then released him.

The Dodgers have 112 Mil committed to players for 2020, the Angels, 116 Mil according to Cots Contracts.  Those numbers drop to 90 and 89 Mil respectively in 2021...  Basically both team can spend if they so please.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

They were only on the hook for 3.6 mil for Russell Martin, the Jays paid the rest.  Where they did clear payroll is they finally stopped paying Matt Kemp not to play for them and Homer Bailey's money comes off the books.  They traded for him, then released him.

The Dodgers have 112 Mil committed to players for 2020, the Angels, 116 Mil according to Cots Contracts.  Those numbers drop to 90 and 89 Mil respectively in 2021...  Basically both team can spend if they do please.

Difference is that the Dodgers have no issues spending all the way to the luxury tax limit. Arte seems to stay around $20M-$25M below that. 

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

I know you’re joking. I really don’t think this issue will impact our offseason. Life happens and I think everything will be business as usual. 

I wish I was joking, but I'm not. Depending on how this stuff unravels, no top player will want to voluntarily join this crew. They have agents and lawyers who can explain things that should be obvious.

23 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I wish I was joking, but I'm not. Depending on how this stuff unravels, no top player will want to voluntarily join this crew. They have agents and lawyers who can explain things that should be obvious.

For top notch free agents and or quality managers there is a very small market that can afford them. The Angels are one of them. Sure there are 29 other teams but how many of them have a Mike Trout and are willing to shell out $30M - $35M per year for one pitcher. Maybe 2-3?

Edited by Calzone 2