• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Long Beach State alum throwing N-Bombs

Any time there's a player mic'd up in an NFL game or a microphone/camera are on the sideline of an NFL or NBA game I've heard worse even when it comes to use of the N word while no one bats an eye lash because of who says it.  As far as a coach/GM/administrator yelling at members of a team sans the N word calling them mother f'ers isn't anything new and it's probably tame compared to some of the insults.  Maybe Adam can chime in as he said he played football through college and I'm sure he got chewed out by even strength coaches somewhere along the way.  The whole 'it's 2019 you can't say that' doesn't really work for me but that's because I remember hearing stuff like that as a kid playing sports and usually it was from one of the ahole parents in the stands.  Obviously not saying it's okay to do to kids but these are grown adults.  If you need a safe space after getting chewed out there's not much else to say.

22 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Toler has gone through a lot of coaches, based on that article.  

It's hard to believe that Toler is 53 already.   Seems like just the other day that she was playing for the Beach, and helping to take them to back-to-back Final Fours.  

Go Beach!

Did this post make anyone else laugh considering the context of the thread?

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

no 

This.  Any time CSULB or an alumni is mentioned AO uses it as a springboard into some random sports fact about the school or alumni.  My favorite was a random one about one of the 70's or 80's means basketball teams and how if they had made the tourney they had a good shot to beat one of the top seeds.  

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

This.  Any time CSULB or an alumni is mentioned AO uses it as a springboard into some random sports fact about the school or alumni.  My favorite was a random one about one of the 70's or 80's means basketball teams and how if they had made the tourney they had a good shot to beat one of the top seeds.  

my favorite (and I believe yk's,too) is the player who "almost had a triple-double" 

On 10/4/2019 at 2:23 PM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

That's why I call him Cliff Claven.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:44 PM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Any time there's a player mic'd up in an NFL game or a microphone/camera are on the sideline of an NFL or NBA game I've heard worse even when it comes to use of the N word while no one bats an eye lash because of who says it.  As far as a coach/GM/administrator yelling at members of a team sans the N word calling them mother f'ers isn't anything new and it's probably tame compared to some of the insults.  Maybe Adam can chime in as he said he played football through college and I'm sure he got chewed out by even strength coaches somewhere along the way.  The whole 'it's 2019 you can't say that' doesn't really work for me but that's because I remember hearing stuff like that as a kid playing sports and usually it was from one of the ahole parents in the stands.  Obviously not saying it's okay to do to kids but these are grown adults.  If you need a safe space after getting chewed out there's not much else to say.

Black guys like to say the n-word a lot during games and practices. Never heard a white guy say it though

On 10/4/2019 at 2:06 PM, tdawg87 said:

Did this post make anyone else laugh considering the context of the thread?

No.

It was exactly the kind of post AO makes.  It was exactly his brand.

Regardless of the context of a thread, he is going to make it about

• something related to Long Beach State
  • something from one or more generations ago

On 10/4/2019 at 2:23 PM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Exactly.

And if the thread doesn't include a long beach state tie-in, he will shoehorn one in.

Edited by yk9001

On 10/4/2019 at 2:27 PM, Lou said:

my favorite (and I believe yk's,too) is the player who "almost had a triple-double" 

No, my all time favorite is that if Long Beach State would have beaten UCLA in the West Final, then Long Beach State was going to win the national championship because middling white guy Bobby Gross was going to shut down David Thompson. (For people on this board not a billion years old, David Thompson was a guard who legitimately had Jordan/Zion/LeBron type talent.  Certainly had equal leaping ability.)

Edited by yk9001