• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Garrett Richards might pitch next week

jsnpritchett

7 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

Did you actually watch his start or did you just stat watch to push some narrative?  His stuff looked pretty good.  It's foolish to act like his record in his first start since July 10th, 2018 holds any meaning.  

I have no idea if you are suggesting the Angels made a mistake letting him go, but just because the guys they signed to replace him (Harvey and Cahill) were mistakes doesn’t mean they made a mistake letting him go.  

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

He started 6 games in 2016, 6 in 2017 and 16 in 2018. 

Money wasn't the problem, Garret Richards was the problem.

Call what Lou said a narrative if you’d like, you are well versed in them, so you can speak to them with a level of authority.  What really matters is what Blarg posted here.  We needed healthy pitchers and if we would have signed him then over the course of four years (16-19) we would have gotten 30 starts total from him.   To me it’s like saying Bartolo Colon got better when he left the Angels and ignore how he disappeared for four years and then got popped for PEDs.  At some point you gotta cut bait and not play the blame game.  

6 hours ago, Baghdad Strad said:

I have no idea if you are suggesting the Angels made a mistake letting him go, but just because the guys they signed to replace him (Harvey and Cahill) were mistakes doesn’t mean they made a mistake letting him go.  

Call what Lou said a narrative if you’d like, you are well versed in them, so you can speak to them with a level of authority.  What really matters is what Blarg posted here.  We needed healthy pitchers and if we would have signed him then over the course of four years (16-19) we would have gotten 30 starts total from him.   To me it’s like saying Bartolo Colon got better when he left the Angels and ignore how he disappeared for four years and then got popped for PEDs.  At some point you gotta cut bait and not play the blame game.  

I’m suggesting that his box score stats of his first start in over a year holds no meaning in any discussion

I’m not saying we should or shouldn’t of signed Richards. Obviously, his first start stats are meaningless at this point of his comeback. 

The Padres rolled the dice ? ? on him in hopes that he return as a top of the rotation starter. $15M for one year service time is a steal if he can preform as a Ace or close to that ... plus they get to break the $15M into two years (AAV). 

20 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I’m not saying we should or shouldn’t of signed Richards. Obviously, his first start stats are meaningless at this point of his comeback. 

The Padres rolled the dice ?? on him in hopes that he return as a top of the rotation starter. $15M for one year service time is a steal if he can preform as a Ace or close to that ... plus they get to break the $15M into two years (AAV). 

Yea, so they either overpaid for this year or paid the right amount for next year.  Breaking into two years is nonsense because they paid him $7.5 million for this year to rehab and make 2-3 starts.