• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Regular Season Schedule released (Angels opening day @ Houston)

rafibomb

Not sure why they don't spread out off days more.  Here are some things I noticed....

10 of the Angels first 21 games are against Houston.  7 on the road.  Maybe they'll be hungover.

The Angels have three off off days in an eight day span in April (I think that happened this year, too). Two days off in a four day span.  A day off after Detroit could come in handy if weather is bad, but then they go to Miami and Houston.   Unlikely to get postponed at either of those.  

Two days off at home in a four day span in June (that's twice_

Sunday before the All Star break off.

Two days off in a four day span in August.  (three times)

Two days off in a five day span in September.   

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

My first thought, though, was the first week would be a good time to hit up the ballparks in Texas.

I was set to go this year with hotel, plane and game tickets for the first series. Then a series of family health crisis' hit and I had to cancel. Only found one taker for free tickets and they were good seats. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I was set to go this year with hotel, plane and game tickets for the first series. Then a series of family health crisis' hit and I had to cancel. Only found one taker for free tickets and they were good seats. 

Bummer.  It was only Oakland, though.  

Sucks that the closest road trip to us is such a shitty place.

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

It is lame that they open on the road again.

My first thought, though, was the first week would be a good time to hit up the ballparks in Texas.   It isn't ideal, though.  Four games, then a day off.   Rangers new park.  Astros might be celebrating a World Series victory.  

I was thinking the same thing.  Skip Thursday, catch Fri to Sun, then head up to the Dallas area for the Texas series.

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

Bummer.  It was only Oakland, though.  

Sucks that the closest road trip to us is such a shitty place.

It was for the Texas series. It was a stadium I hadn't been to and next season they are supposed to be in their new stadium. 

Next year they go back to back in Houston then Arlington. I can take two stadiums off the list that way.

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

How many have you been to?   I'm at 14 current and 4 no longer with us.  

Lets see, I have been to Old and New Yankee Stadium, Nationals Ballpark, Rockies Stadium, did a tour of Camden but haven’t seen a game there, so not sure if that counts.  I have been to Fenway, Arlington, Petco and Dodger Stadium.  

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Shit, I have also been to Phoenix and this year went to Wrigley.  

It's funny. I go to spring training every year.  I fly through Phoenix other times.... including next month....  but never been to a Diamondbacks game.  Next time the Angels play there is likely.  Probably 2021.