• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Orioles @ Angels 7/26/2019

Better have this reality check now than coast to the deadline after the Dodger games. No chance to continue with any delusions of grandeur.

17 runs allowed against the worst team in 20 innings? 

Tough for the fans there. Reminds me of the game I attended last year when Seattle scored 7 in the first. 

Tropeano is just who he is. But at this point keep him in all nine innings. Helps his ERA possibly and saves everyone else. Probably his only game in the majors this year so let him work!

Watching this game is the exact reason I have rolled my eyes every single time I have seen Nick Tropeano’s name mentioned in any comprehensive look at Angel starting pitching.

He is not an asset.  He is a body.  Any team can throw a random AAA starter out there in an emergency.  That’s all this guy is.

33 minutes ago, Reveille1984 said:

Hopefully we can somehow snag Gerrit Cole this offseason along with having Ohtani pitch again in 2020.  That along with maybe trading for a mid-rotation guy should put us in a way better spot next year.

Arte would have to go after the luxury tax to do that.That's not going to happen.

6 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Arte would have to go after the luxury tax to do that.That's not going to happen.

We have $135M commited to 2020 (without potentially trading Calhoun's $14M) and the luxury tax is $206M.  How exactly is signing Cole putting us over the luxury tax?

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Is Simba still hurt?

His offense has been terrible since returning from the DL.  OPS is now down to .694.

I’m not sure AO.  I have noticed since his return he seems to be trying to pull almost every pitch, like Pujols does.  When Simmons uses the middle of the field, he is very successful and gets streaky hot.

Just an observation.