• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Japanese teen's triple-digit fastball has some calling him the next Shohei Ohtani

Look at that delivery!  I remember when I had that sort of flexibility as a teenager.  I wonder if he could throw just as hard without the huge leg kick that powers his motion toward the plate.  

Either way, it sounds like he's going to pitch in Japan first.  Also, the kid threw nearly 200 pitches in a 12 inning shutout.  In America, that coach would be fired and imprisoned for child endangerment.  

18 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Look at that delivery!  I remember when I had that sort of flexibility as a teenager.  I wonder if he could throw just as hard without the huge leg kick that powers his motion toward the plate.  

Either way, it sounds like he's going to pitch in Japan first.  Also, the kid threw nearly 200 pitches in a 12 inning shutout.  In America, that coach would be fired and imprisoned for child endangerment.  

Yeah but if he does that all the time, his arm will be immune to breaking down. 

• 2 years later...

Roki SASAKI joined Chiba Lotte Marines (Pacific league, NPB) in 2020. He accompanied the team during the 2020 season in spite of a non-roster. For a year, the team's policy was to strengthen his body. His uniform number is 17. In the 2021 season, as of Sept. 30, he was 2-2 with a 3.05 ERA.

Hirokazu SAWAMURA (Red Sox, 2021) was enrolled in Chiba Lotte Marines for a short period in 2020. Hideki IRABU was also a major leaguer (Yankees, Expos, Rangers) from Chiba.

Edited by FromJapan
Changed the spelling of his first name according to the registered name in NPB

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Should we call every American teen that throws hard the next Nolan Ryan?

That's a firm fastball though. Looks impressive. 

Are there many American teen pitchers who can hit triple digits? Genuinely asking.