• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Athletics acquire Homer Bailey

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Who did they give up?

#23 prospect, a speedy 2B/SS type guys who the first article i saw on looking him up read the headline was 2018 was a lost season for.  Beyond that i know nothing other than the stat line... which was a 246/292/339 at Midland TX

1 hour ago, #WeNasty said:

Flop make up your mind.  You just had a thread about not making trades just to make trades and the importance of acquiring impact players.  Yet you are giving them props for picking up the definition of average/below average. 

one has nothing to do with the other.  Im not suggesting i would have done this.  Im simply saying that they saw a move and made it.  You do not have to wait if you plan to move.   They had a need they acted, its that simple. 

would i like to see the club do something, of course, but the right something as stated previously.  we dont have to wait 2 more weeks to do that if its out there is all.   Whether or not it is is another debate 

8 minutes ago, floplag said:

one has nothing to do with the other.  Im not suggesting i would have done this.  Im simply saying that they saw a move and made it.  You do not have to wait if you plan to move.   They had a need they acted, its that simple. 

would i like to see the club do something, of course, but the right something as stated previously.  we dont have to wait 2 more weeks to do that if its out there is all.   Whether or not it is is another debate 

Unfortunately, the majority of the world prefers to wait until the last minute before a deadline to act.  I think it is human nature.

32 minutes ago, floplag said:

Of course it does,  but others are obviously willing.
No that doesnt necessarily equate to the right deal for us.  

Right.  But since it takes two and prices seem to go up in the days leading up to the deadline why would a selling team trade a guy before he has max value?  Especially when we arguably aren’t looking for a guy like Bailey but probably someone better.