• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You mean it's not just our pen that is on fire?

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

There have been more times I have felt like the starter came out early than times I felt he was left in too long. 

Not a ton. Maybe 4-5 games.

Overall Ausmus is pretty aggressive with pitching changes. 

Thanks for that i was just making sure i didnt misread it, i kinda had the same feeling but was struggling to equate that overall.
Thanks

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Is that the last 11 games the Angels have played or the last 11 games they’ve pitched in?  

Games they've pitched in, which for these guys have been all recently due to our starters inability to go deep into games and the opener roles for some.

I should add that Cahill may end up being a good opener. 

I am really curious to see how they’re going to stash him in the pen though. 

You need to have one or two optionable relievers so when the pen is tapped you can replace them with fresh arms. 

Robles, García, N. Ramirez, Bedrosian are all out options. Buttrey is obviously not going anywhere. Anderson is probably not going anywhere (although he could certainly be optioned if he hits a bad stretch).

Right now they have Bard and Jewell too. They are the most obvious moves to make room for Cahill and Barría today. 

But Barría is actually holding a starter spot, so either he stays in the rotation or JC or Suarez gets it. 

Then you have a pen of Robles, Buttrey, Bedrosian, García, N.Ramirez, Anderson, Cahill. There’s not much flexibility there. I wouldn’t be surprised if García gets DFA’d and replaced with an optionable reliever (Cole, Jewell, Peña maybe if Suarez or JC takes his spot).