• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bumgarner...potential trades

So I was reading an article about Madison Bumgarner potentially being on the trade block. Obviously one of our biggest (if not THE biggest) deficiencies is our lack of quality starting pitching. I know Bumgarner has had health issues in recent years but this guy, in my mind, can carry a staff on his back at times when he’s on his game. What would it take to get him? Thoughts?  

5 minutes ago, WTFaRtie said:

So I was reading an article about Madison Bumgarner potentially being on the trade block. Obviously one of our biggest (if not THE biggest) deficiencies is our lack of quality starting pitching. I know Bumgarner has had health issues in recent years but this guy, in my mind, can carry a staff on his back at times when he’s on his game. What would it take to get him? Thoughts?  

he's in a contract year.  no need to trade major league assets unless we suddenly become a contender.  Wait till he's a free agent and put him in the mix of guys to consider for next year's rotation.  

6 minutes ago, Fish Oil said:

His salary may be low, but he would have taken a pocketful of assets to obtain.

Oh I know... but it's still depressing.

Bumgarner has been an absolute beast at times and carried the Giants during their last WS run.  That said he's got quite a few innings on his arm and whoever gives him his next contract may regret the last 2-3 years.  Gerrit Cole is 1 year younger but he's pitched 650 less innings in the majors.  Wait for FA and make a run at Cole if they're going after a pitcher.  If the price is right on Bumgarner via trade kick the tires but I imagine some of the teams who consider themselves contenders are willing to pay more to make the WS push this year.  

I don't want the Angels to sign him or acquire him... I think his best days are behind him.  That being said - he's probably still much better than either Cahill or Harvey and that's depressing.