• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy Promotion Week!

Vlad Jr., Carter Kieboom, Luis Rengifo, potentially Griffin Canning, Taylor Hearn, Ty France......

Those that pay attention to prospects, this is an exciting time!  If we're lucky we may catch a glimpse of more throughout the season, like Bo Bichette (just injured), Austin Riley from the Braves, Cavan Biggio with the Jays, Nate Lowe with the Rays, Thaiss, Walsh, Suarez and Sandoval for the Angels. 

19 minutes ago, True Grich said:

The Padres didn't with Tatis, Jr.

Very true, a trend i hope continues for the good of the game. 
Not all prospects deserve it mind you, but the obvious ones such as he, and Vlad jr certainly did.  The Pads  did the right thing, the Jays didnt.  Unless of course you buy the phantom injury thing which i dont. 

25 minutes ago, floplag said:

we already did as i recall with Trout.
Everyone does to avoid service time issues, were now basically past most of that for the year so, yeah, bring up the kids :)  

I don't recall the Angels tinkering with service team in regards to Trout. 

He got a taste when he was 19, didn't hit well. 
The next spring, he was out ill the entire month, so they didn't break camp with him on the roster. A month-ish later, he was raking in AAA, the Angels had a need in OF, and the rest is history.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Hopefully the Angels never play the bullshit game the Jays did with  Vlad. 

Remember after a great Angels career when we sent his dad packing after 2009. He signed a one year deal with Texas for $5.5M and slashed .300 / .345 / .496 / .841 with 29hrs and 115rbi’s

Fun times 

37 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I don't recall the Angels tinkering with service team in regards to Trout. 

He got a taste when he was 19, didn't hit well. 
The next spring, he was out ill the entire month, so they didn't break camp with him on the roster. A month-ish later, he was raking in AAA, the Angels had a need in OF, and the rest is history.

i recall him being call up late for his first full year... i just looked it up his debut date was in July, after hitting over 300 the 23 previous years in the minors. 
True he didnt exactly light it up in that first cup of coffee but he again started the following year back on the farm for all of 20 games, just enough to get past most of those discussed deadlines around here.
Maybe im over thinking it but i recall conversation around here asking why he started back on the farm that season considering our starting center fielder at that time was none other than Petey B.   To be fair he did put up a very good 11 campaign and did outplay Trout in that season, but we all knew what was coming. 
I dont know i think the consensus was that it was a bit of service manipulation, as said everyone does it. 

10 minutes ago, floplag said:

i recall him being call up late for his first full year... i just looked it up his debut date was in July, after hitting over 300 the 23 previous years in the minors. 
True he didnt exactly light it up in that first cup of coffee but he again started the following year back on the farm for all of 20 games, just enough to get past most of those discussed deadlines around here.
Maybe im over thinking it but i recall conversation around here asking why he started back on the farm that season considering our starting center fielder at that time was none other than Petey B.   To be fair he did put up a very good 11 campaign and did outplay Trout in that season, but we all knew what was coming. 
I dont know i think the consensus was that it was a bit of service manipulation, as said everyone does it. 

Because he missed all of Spring Training with the flu. They started him at SLC to basically get ST reps in. It wasn't service time manipulation.

1 hour ago, floplag said:

we already did as i recall with Trout.
Everyone does to avoid service time issues, were now basically past most of that for the year so, yeah, bring up the kids :)  

I can’t think of any Angels prospect as long as I’ve been a fan of the team that has been suppressed.  Yes the word is suppressed in as gross and cynical a fashion as the way the Blue Jays have handled Vlad Jr. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

17 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Because he missed all of Spring Training with the flu. They started him at SLC to basically get ST reps in. It wasn't service time manipulation.

perhaps, i do recall him being sick but thats a hell of a flu bug to last that long.  No matter it is what it is.  

10 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I feel like everyone is ready to induct Vlad Jr in the hall of fame before he's had a single major league AB.

He has to prove himself like everybody else.

im not in that group., i think its as likely he ends up more similar to Mo Vaugn or Pedro Sandoval than his dad is he doesnt put in some physique work.   Hes a DH waiting to happen more than he is a long term solution at 3B.  
Cant argue the potential in the bat, but the boy needs to mix in a couple salads from time to time or his viability in the field wont last.