• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hansel Robles

29 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Has anyone seen / experienced his entrance music and video? And the guy in the horse mask on the big screen for his strike outs?

Its pretty hilarious. Did it just start this year?

Yeah, there's a thread on it from a couple weeks back. Probably when you were on vacation. 

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I actually do too, because he's got some swagger to him. Something you need as a closer IMO. 

Yep he has the look of a closer. He’s calm, takes his time and doesn’t appear to get rattled. I hope they groom him into that role. He just may be that diamond in the rough. 

Edited by Calzone 2

Just now, Calzone 2 said:

Yep he has the look of a closer. He, calm, takes his time and doesn’t appear to get rattled. I hope they groom him into that role. He just may be that diamond in the rough. 

It's kind of nice to say that at some point this season if nothing changes, we'll have four guys at the back end of our bullpen who his upper 90's with their fastballs in Robles, Buttrey, Garcia and Anderson once he's back. Add in JC Ramirez if he gets moved to the BP to ease him back into action. I believe JC will eventually replace Noe Ramirez for a rubber armed bullpen guy that can give us 2-3 innings, much like Cole. 

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's kind of nice to say that at some point this season if nothing changes, we'll have four guys at the back end of our bullpen who his upper 90's with their fastballs in Robles, Buttrey, Garcia and Anderson once he's back. Add in JC Ramirez if he gets moved to the BP to ease him back into action. I believe JC will eventually replace Noe Ramirez for a rubber armed bullpen guy that can give us 2-3 innings, much like Cole. 

Robles with a 97 mph rising fastball. That pitch is deadly. I think for the most part the bullpen has been solid and kept our season alive. Hopefully the reinforcements will show up soon so they can make a real push. Still have 85% of the season left so anything can happen. 

33 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I actually do too, because he's got some swagger to him. Something you need as a closer IMO. 

Seriously.  Closers have to be a bunch of hard-headed, fearless SOB's.  That's why their reign typically doesn't last long.  They're a "lightning in a bottle" bunch, and Hansel Robles is just that.  You gotta ride that wave while it lasts. 

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Seriously.  Closers have to be a bunch of hard-headed, fearless SOB's.  That's why their reign typically doesn't last long.  They're a "lightning in a bottle" bunch, and Hansel Robles is just that.  You gotta ride that wave while it lasts. 

Agreed! 

46 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, there's a thread on it from a couple weeks back. Probably when you were on vacation.

C'mon, Chuck - everyone knows @ten ocho recon scout isn't really on vacation... his name has "recon" in it for goodness sakes.  He's looking for @WeatherWonk so that he can bring him to justice.