• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

So with no options in LF until Upton is back..

Chuck

How about Matt Holliday? His agent said he would like to play in 2019. He slashed 283/.415/.434 with two home runs in 25 regular-season games before appearing in four games for Colorado in the playoffs last season. Holliday played LF despite being 39 years old, he's still a better interim option to hold fort until Upton is back. 

Holliday could provide some pop and a good OBP. 

I don't see anything that Bourjos can do offensively and we're already getting zip from Cozart and Stella offensively. Have no faith in either of them.

Goodwin can play all 3 outfield spots to backup. 

If not Holliday, I'd really like to sign Denard Span who is my first choice. 

1 hour ago, Fish Oil said:

If he would accept a small offer, sure, why not. He may still be able to play effectively for a bit.

Yeah, he didn't ask for much from the Rockies last season for the stretch run. Because of his age and the fact that he won't be an every day LF, Goodwin will mix in there, he should come cheap. 

But good OBP, BA and some pop still.

Still would rather have Span. Not sure how this guy doesn't have a 4th OF spot on some team's roster. Weird.

18 minutes ago, HighDesertHalos said:

Holliday? Seriously? ??????????????????????????

Yes. He's better than our current options. 

Unfortunately we don't have any outfield options in the minors right now that could contribute, unless the Angels think Jared Walsh would be a decent LF option, but from what I read he's more of a 1B guy defensively. 

1 hour ago, Kody Mac said:

I'd rather kick the tires on Jarrett Parker than sign Holliday.

Same...but like Hermosillo and Adell, Parker is hurt. Also, it's been four games. Goodwin has a hint of potential and upside still - Bourjos is a 4th OF at this point. 

It also wouldn't surprise me if Upton progressed somewhat quicker than expected too. They should be cautious with him, but a 2-3 month feels a little too precautionary.

We have options, we have many options, just none of them are major league productive level players. 
Guys we knew this was what this season was going to be.  We have help coming but none of it is ML ready and this club isnt likely a post season caliber club either way so there  is no reason to stunt their growth.
A year from now, its different, today, we are who we are.  This was the choice we with the off season plan we followed.  Many here preached patience with the plan, well that means accepting sub standard baseball for '19.  
In short, lighten up and accept it, this is who we are for this season.

22 minutes ago, floplag said:

We have options, we have many options, just none of them are major league productive level players. 
Guys we knew this was what this season was going to be.  We have help coming but none of it is ML ready and this club isnt likely a post season caliber club either way so there  is no reason to stunt their growth.
A year from now, its different, today, we are who we are.  This was the choice we with the off season plan we followed.  Many here preached patience with the plan, well that means accepting sub standard baseball for '19.  
In short, lighten up and accept it, this is who we are for this season.

Are there actually Angels fans who expected anything more this year? I thought we all understood this was a stop-gap / rebuild kinda year, like with the Lakers...they basically told their fans: "Yeah, we got LeBron, but don't expect much this year, next year and beyond though it's a different story...expect BIG things!" At least that's the impression I got from all the 1 year deals they handed out to scrubs like Cahill and Bour, my expectations for this club this season were pretty low, as in: 75 wins low! But in the off-season I expect them to SPEEEEEEND and really go "all-in." (Hi Gerrit Cole, wanna come home??)

1 hour ago, HighDesertHalos said:

Are there actually Angels fans who expected anything more this year? I thought we all understood this was a stop-gap / rebuild kinda year, like with the Lakers...they basically told their fans: "Yeah, we got LeBron, but don't expect much this year, next year and beyond though it's a different story...expect BIG things!" At least that's the impression I got from all the 1 year deals they handed out to scrubs like Cahill and Bour, my expectations for this club this season were pretty low, as in: 75 wins low! But in the off-season I expect them to SPEEEEEEND and really go "all-in." (Hi Gerrit Cole, wanna come home??)

I dont think they will be that bad, and passing judgement after 4 games is silly regardless.
Also dont expect them to go ham next off season aside from maybe a starter like Cole.  They are banking on the farm to contribute significantly more than FA will, plus we still wont have a ton to spend on the stretched budget, if you believe that.