• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Our Bullpen could be really good this season

Chuck

Garcia, Robles, Buttrey, Anderson all look great. 

Allen is a wild card as his velo is down, but his curveball is a knockout pitch. E also has experience closing out games for a championship caliber club.

Noe Ramirez has looked good and can even give us some innings.

Bedrosian scares me, but he's been lights out in the past. Crossing my fingers on him.

The Angels bullpen looks good to me, if it has the lead.  Meaning our starter goes 6 innings and we're sporting a lead, because then they can just go Robles in the 7th, Buttrey in the 8th and Allen in the 9th and still have Anderson and Garcia available in case one of them stumbles or any of them need a rest. 

That's a great, hard throwing combination of relievers that were all relatively cheap to acquire, except Allen, who the Angels will likely flip at the deadline for prospects anyway. 

The part that I'm always worried about when it comes to Angels bullpens is what happens when the score is tied or if they're down by one?  Can we count on Noe Ramirez, Cam Bedrosian and Luke Bard to keep them in ball games and give them a chance to come back?  With Noe and Cam, I'm gonna say no.  But later in the year with guys like Pena, Middleton, Ramirez and Meyer getting healthy or moving to the pen?  Then I'd say yes. 

So to sum it up.  I' think we're good with a lead right now.  In tie games or if they're losing, I'm going to say the unit needs some help.  But by the end of the year, I think they're going to be an elite unit, front to back. 

16 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

This team has a tendency to only allow one of the two to be functioning at a time (hitting or pitching). Seems the past few years we can't get both to be on a roll at the same time. Is this a baseball thing or an Angels thing?

Well we know once the offense starts scoring runs the pitching will go in the shitter and they'll be losing 8-7 instead of 2-1.

Epp can find pitching on the cheap.   Why is it so much tougher for him to find any kind of hitting on the cheap?    Is it like that throughout MLB?

What position players, other than Simba, have come here since 2016, and performed at anything resembling even a decent level at the plate? 

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Epp can find pitching on the cheap.   Why is it so much tougher for him to find any kind of hitting on the cheap?    Is it like that throughout MLB?

What position players, other than Simba, have come here since 2016, and performed at anything resembling even a decent level at the plate? 

Upton is only one I can think of.

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

you can't teach a player how to hit.  It's eye, trigger, swing, contact.  

you can teach a guy how to pitch.  

Why?  

Lot's of pitchers have stuff and/or arm.  Sometimes, making them better is all about location, sequencing, movement etc.   Those adjustments don't typically exist for a hitter.  

It's also why the Angels have focused on high upside position players in the draft's first couple rounds and left the later rounds for pitching.  

You might find the occasional player who hasn't broken out or changes their launch angle but the ability to hit was there to some degree.  You can actually teach power but you can't teach contact.