• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tough question on Trout

Dtwncbad

6 minutes ago, Dick Enberg said:

so when you bump heads with Lou, does lou's head make a hollow sound? asking for a friend.

Dick, Lou is fine.... Just sometimes, I pop in here and it's like all the craptastic shit show threads Reps vs Dems vs Libs on FB.... 

Pisses me off, cause I came in here to get away from the childish BS on social media and then WHAM! It hits you while your surfing a thread.... Oh SHIT! Here we gooooooo..... Opinions are like Assholes. Everyone has one.   

Just now, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Dick, Lou is fine.... Just sometimes, I pop in here and it's like all the craptastic shit show threads Reps vs Dems vs Libs on FB.... 

Pisses me off, cause I came in here to get away from the childish BS on social media and then WHAM! It hits you while your surfing a thread.... Oh SHIT! Here we gooooooo.....

I'm just playing, I even deleted my post. it was just a question from a friend ?

1 minute ago, Dick Enberg said:

I'm just playing, I even deleted my post. it was just a question from a friend ?

Sometimes, I wish for more Syck outlandish TRADE threads. But, then the Stat geeks will start rolling out the AAV and WAR #'s etc and then it will become less of a interesting, or funny read and more a horrid pastiche ridden bowl of day old soup! 

14 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Sometimes, I wish for more Syck outlandish TRADE threads. But, then the Stat geeks will start rolling out the AAV and WAR #'s etc and then it will become less of a interesting, or funny read and more a horrid pastiche ridden bowl of day old soup! 

you should never expect soup of greater than 30 hrs old to be of similar BAR (broth above replacement) although it does depend on bowl factors and microwave/stove splits.  

6 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Meh -- would prefer a legit dialogue once in a while.   

BTW -- for the record.  Its been more expensive for me to go to Marlins games (up until the purge), than it ever was to attend Angel games in Anaheim when they were a top three payroll and a perpetual playoff team.   Moreno has always been really big on the idea that keeping the game affordable FOR FAMILIES is in the best interest of the sport, he's held his end of that bargain up better than most of the rest of MLB.  When he went on his wild spending sprees he was pretty vocal that it was to reward the fans who had shown so much support..  So, I really don't get the animus towards him from some people... of all the Angels' villains the Arte hate is the one I least understand.   Do I think he could spend more?  Absolutely..  EVERY MLB owner can..  Do I think he will?  Yes, if only because he has actually done it.  Do I think spending now makes sense?  No, not really but neither would I have bitched about it.  Also the guy I wanted most possibly carried the biggest risk of any player who was available this year -- Eovaldi.  So, Im not immune to wanting to spend or risk.  

Of Machado/Harper...  Machado made a lot more sense but I can't think of a player I like less.   Never have two 26 year old legit front line players induced more of a meh from me than these two...   Ill say this much -- if Machado had Harper's drive -- dude would be more than worth the money.   Harper may never live up to the hype (not his fault), but I don't question his desire -- he's a lot easier to like even with the hair flips and whatever than Machado will ever be.

Also -- when it comes to Trout, the Clod Wars completely numbed me to the talk about him possibly leaving.  I made peace with the reality that his staying or leaving is 100% up to him and that the Angels only concern is to try to build a winner, hopefully one that includes him but if he goes, he goes..   When I look at the Phillies I don't see guaranteed winning there.  I see a team that has gutted some of its farm system and will be needing to replace or spend a lot more to retain their biggest offseason acquisition (Realmuto), when Trout becomes available.  If Philly is really the Angels primary competition then Im not sure their being huge winners is a huge concern, at least not as big a concern as his possibly wanting to have kids and have them be closer to his family which I do see as the biggest allure for him.

So... Arte.. Save your money and throw enough money where Mike Trout can buy the entire Trout clan a West Coast compound.

Other than the intro, solid response and I agree and feel the same way. I had heard that during the winning years and when the Marlins had brought in the hired guns it was expensive. I've got friends in Florida who feel the same way and actually haven't been to the new ballpark because of price, traffic and area.

5 hours ago, Dochalo said:

It was three years age while in the throes of the Hamilton debacle that fans were done with frivolous spending.  At the end of the day it comes down to making good decisions.  I don't doubt Harper and Machado are potential franchise level players but I still contend that you are paying for all of the extras they bring to give that value which the Angels would have a tough time realizing due to the fact that they already have two very unique players.  

I think the FO also has a better sense of whether a lot of our young guys are for real.  We can follow pundits who give them and the collective various rankings but those within the org are going to know the real story.  Eppler will give the press a line about having a top 5 farm, but it's really about how they feel toward individual players and they obviously feel very good.  

I agree with a portion of your first response Doc. I have spoken with many people from Japan over the last year many who were here just to watch Ohtani. They all said that there are more Ohtani and Trout Angel jerseys being worn in Japan now then ever. One guy told me point blank. If you asked ten Japanese Baseball fans who Mike Trout was before we signed Ohtani. You might get 2 correct answers. So, with his signing it has opened the coffers to other Marketing opportunities abroad and that is good. They love watching video and educating themselves on everything including their new favorite American Baseball team.

True, on the second. But, on the flip side. Prospects burn out and get hurt and sometimes due to injury never realize their potential. I am happy with the way EPPY is going about it. However, I would definitely use the minor leaguers as both a roster asset and a tradeable asset. We all want a TOP FARM SYSTEM the kids generate excitement. But, on the flip side. We only have room for 4 Outfielders and what 8 possibilities? I hope we can move some for some young top rotation arms.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

you should never expect soup of greater than 30 hrs old to be of similar BAR (broth above replacement) although it does depend on bowl factors and microwave/stove splits.  

But Doc, you left out the NVM ratio... (noodles versus meat).  Its not just about the broth you know :)  

5 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Don't you start with me...... 

Well to be fair you didnt say which veggies.... You get full value from peas and carrots  in terms of return on investment but that millennial kale shit will never live up to its contract and will age poorly.