• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another Article about Trout and Phillies

stormngt

Yeah, people are seriously overestimating the lure of playing for your hometown team. For one thing, during the season, you're still on the road half the time so what you're really assuming is that Trout's going to base his next contract on 81 game days plus some off-days for a team that plays 40 miles away from his home. As the article says, it's a FACTOR but if Trout was so set on Philly or the east in general, he probably wouldn't have signed the initial extension or he would have made it clear to Eppler & Co. by now that he plans on bouncing. If the Angels are still spinning their wheels after this season and the Phillies are a contender with money to burn, then I'd start to worry.

Also, and granted I'm biased because I've lived in El Lay my entire life, is there a better place to play ball than Southern California? You don't get rainouts, you don't get snow games like the one in Kansas City this year, you don't get that midwestern humidity...How many night games in Anaheim are 75 degrees and clear? Trout loves following bad weather but I doubt he enjoys trying to play in it.

19 minutes ago, stormngt said:

With all the crap being written about Trouts next destination I thought you guys would appreciate this article.

https://www.thegoodphight.com/platform/amp/2019/1/9/18175199/i-am-begging-you-please-stop-talking-about-mike-trout-and-the-phillies

Finally! An article I on Trout-Phillies that I can agree on. 

I thought the argument for why Trout was NOT coming, NOT ever, as in never, exclamation point (from the writer and from the Yahoo writer) was without any substantiation at all.  It was like he was saying, "don't jinx it" and that's all.

Besides, he will be a Yankee. That's what great players do, when they want to win. It's been that way since free agency began.

Nobody wants to be the Ernie Banks of his generation.

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I thought the argument for why Trout was NOT coming, NOT ever, as in never, exclamation point (from the writer and from the Yahoo writer) was without any substantiation at all.  It was like he was saying, "don't jinx it" and that's all.

Besides, he will be a Yankee. That's what great players do, when they want to win. It's been that way since free agency began.

Nobody wants to be the Ernie Banks of his generation.

YOUR TIME MACHINE WORKS!!!!!!

Really, Doc, it's a win-win situation for me. If Trout goes, I'm right. If Trout stays, he stays with my favorite team since the late 70s. 

There is one big upside to Trout heading east for me. I live in the Mountain time zone. If Trout goes east, I will be able to watch more of his games at a decent hour. Lots of Angel home games end approaching midnight.

8 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Really, Doc, it's a win-win situation for me. If Trout goes, I'm right. If Trout stays, he stays with my favorite team since the late 70s. 

There is one big upside to Trout heading east for me. I live in the Mountain time zone. If Trout goes east, I will be able to watch more of his games at a decent hour. Lots of Angel home games end approaching midnight.

then I hope he signs with the Angels and Arte moves the team to Hawaii.