• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

12 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Will Wilson has been looking better. 

Bunch of guys I knew in college were good enough to play for the cape cod league.  They always talked about how it would take 50-60 PA to adjust from metal to wood bats.  When you finally started to get more comfortable, the season would be over and you'd head back to college.  

You can see that happening with Wilson now.  I think he's starting to get comfortable.  

I really don't think wood bats are an adjustment at all. Even when I was playing travel ball and showcase teams, we went to so many wood bay tournaments.  The best prospects on our team stayed with swinging the wood bats permanently, even in metal tournaments because of the amount of exposure they got.

It really only took a couple rounds of BP and a few games to get used to it. The weight distribution is much more even, which leads to better swings, but they're slightly heavier which results in less bat speed. 

Orlando Martinez went 2-3 today with 2 walks. His 20th and 21st walks of the season. He had 21 all of last year in 266 AB, he has had 152 AB this year. 

His overall line Avg .309 OBP .394 SLG .480 HR 4 2B 10 BB/K 21/37

Could we see an OF of Martinez/Adell/Marsh in Mobile pretty soon? He had a slow start in April (10 games). Then missed about a month and a half of the season.

Since returning his numbers are crazy Avg .343 OBP .437 SLG .565 in 25 games

2 minutes ago, vladdy#27 said:

Orlando Martinez went 2-3 today with 2 walks. His 20th and 21st walks of the season. He had 21 all of last year in 266 AB, he has had 152 AB this year. 

His overall line Avg .309 OBP .394 SLG .480 HR 4 2B 10 BB/K 21/37

Could we see an OF of Martinez/Adell/Marsh in Mobile pretty soon? He had a slow start in April (10 games). Then missed about a month and a half of the season.

Since returning his numbers are crazy Avg .343 OBP .437 SLG .565

He's ready for AA in my opinion. But I know he missed some time so they probably just want him to get his work in the before being promoted. 

5 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Brandon Marsh will be activated from the injured list today. Adell and Marsh in the same lineup will be fun.

https://atmilb.com/2FPoms0

One thing to keep in mind with Parker now being in Anaheim and out of options, is that he likely won't be going back to SLC, so may be some playing time opening up in the AAA outfield soon...

updated:

Los Angeles Angels

Arol Vera, ss, Venezuela (video)
Adrian Placencia, ss, Dominican Republic 
Jose Bonilla, ss, Dominican Republic (video)
Adrian Pena, rhp, Venezuela
Leonar Garcia, lhp, Venezuela
Jeremy Villahermosa, c, Venezuela
Gabriel Rodriguez, c, Venezuela
Alejandro Hidalgo, rhp, Venezuela
Sandy Charle, rhp, Dominican Republic
Julio Torres, lhp, Dominican Republic
Cristofer Tejada, rhp, Dominican Republic
Anderson Vargas, lhp, Dominican Republic
Enderjer Sifontes, rhp, Venezuela
Olivier Gomez, rhp, Dominican Republic

couple more pitchers.  kinda funny that it mimics the draft to some degree.  the top guys are MIF/position players while the rest are mostly pitchers.  I think that will continue to be the the MO for this team.  1 pitcher in the first 2 rounds over the last 4 drafts.  

Some players to highlight from our rookie leagues:

DSL
Rainier Rivas - 1.013 ops in his first 83 pa with 14/11 bb/k.  Hitting .388.  Just turned 18 last week.  My guess is that he comes stateside pretty soon.   From Venezuela
Danifer Diaz - 0.49 era in his first 18.1ip with 9h, 11bb, and 25k.  17yo DR product.  
Alejandro Duran - 2.16 era in 25ip.  20h, 4bb, 32k.  Turned 17 a couple months ago.  From Venezuela.  

AZL
Justin Kunz - 1.028 ops in 23 PA.  Catcher drafted in the 33rd round this year.  From Gardner-Webb U.  
Trent Deveaux - stats as above.  tough go last year.  Haven't seen his swing this year but my guess is there have been some adjustments.   Turned 19 a couple months ago.  Middle name is Louron so he's probably an ahole.  
Julio Goff - 0.00 era in his first 8ip after struggling in the DSL earlier in the year.  Good lesson on not putting a ton of stock in rookie league stats even though that's pretty much what I'm highlighting here.  

Orem 
Anthony Mulrine - 1.110 ops in 34 pa with 5bb, 5k and 6 HBP (WTF!).  Drafted in the 25th round this year.  Catcher that has caught 7 of 13 stealing so far.  Turned 21 in march so he's actually pretty young for a college draftee.  Played college ball at Samford.  Has a little pop and gets on base.  Franchise is begging for some sleeper catcher prospects. 
Jose Verrier - .926 ops in 72 PA.  11/18 bb/k with 3 hrs.  Has been playing 2b/3b.  He's made 9 errors at 3b so far with a .571 fld%.  1 error at 2b.  My guess is that he doesn't end up at 3b.  Struggled last year in the DSL.  From Cuba and originally billed as a CFer.  Halos gave him a bonus of 205k in the 2017 class (Deveaux/Knowles/Ohtani/Uceta/Rivas/O.Martinez/Reyes)
Jackson - .922 ops with 6hrs.  Incredible opp power so far literally flicking balls out to RF on hard fastballs.  Susceptible to the breaking ball so far as expected for a guy his age.  Hence the 32k in his first 88 PA.  but still logged 14bb.  I've watched a bunch of his at bats and the power is insane.  
Knowles - .918 ops with 12/19 bb/k ratio in his first 75pa this year.  Hitting .328 with a .427 obp.  He's legit.  Needs to move up a level while I think Jackson benefits from staying at Orem 
Wilson - .862 ops in his first 43pa.  2hrs.  3 doubles.  Injured in his first game.  Turns 21 in a couple weeks.  All of his production has come in the last 5 games now that he's getting adjusted.  Just a good hitter.  First rounder of 2019 btw.  
Adrian Rondon - had to include him.  was a TBR signing out of the DR in 2014.  Got a 3 mil bonus and ranked as the #1 prospect in the class by BA.    Acquired for cash by the halos and still only 20 years old.  playing SS/3b so far.  Has a .781 ops so far.  10/13 bb/k.  Has some power potential.  Still just 20 years old.  
Sadrac Franco - 2.92 era with a mid to upper 90's fastball and plus breaking ball.  Very erratic so far but 16k in 12.1ip.  Lots of traffic though with a 1.7 whip and 5 WP.  Smallish frame at 6'0", 155.  (probably a little heavier than that now).  Turned 19 in june.  Velo increase over last year when he was low 90's.  Said to be less projectable but now that he's mid 90's, I see some real potential with that plus breaker.  Probably ends up in relief, but that combo could be high leverage.  Aggressive comp is Krod but maybe 3 years from now.    
Darren Williams - 2.77 era with 17k in 13ip.  Senior sign from Prairie View A&M last year (26th round) and therefore a bit long in the tooth but has some reliever potential.  

How about that 2017 international class btw?  Ohtani, Deveaux, Knowles, Uceta, Jose Reyes, Orlando Martinez, Rainier Rivas, Jose Verrier as position players

Jose Reyes hasn't excelled as of yet but he had his best game of the year yesterday going 4/6 with a double.  18yo OFer from the DR.  Bigger guy at 6'2, 180.  Halos paid him a 425k bonus.  Supposedly has a solid LHed swing and good knowledge of the zone.  gap to gap with some future power potential.  Slow but likely to be a solid corner OF defender.  

Uceta is only 18 out of the DR.  Big dude signed for 500k.  .704 ops for AZL so far but still so young even for the AZL.  Power not around yet but 6/16 bb/k in 54 ab.  Raw power potential with a nice lefty swing.  Slow but athletic enough to handle a corner OF spot.  

Pitchers from that class 
Wilson Gomez - 18yo RHer getting started in the DSL.  180k bonus
Emmanuel Duran - 18yo RHer in the AZL.  Struggling in limited appearances.  160k bonus
Jenrry Gonzalez - 18yo LHer in the AZL Struggling but 12k in 9ip. 
Jean Carlos Lucas - nice debut with DSL last year.  2.98 era in 51.1ip.  Yet to miss bats though.  limited reps in AZL so far.  18yo.  Bigger frame at 6'3, 185 lbs.  
Sadrac Franco - as above

as a reminder, top signings from last years intl class where Soto and Maitan chewed up a large portion of the pool 

Alex Ramirez - 1m bonus.  OFer.  DSL.  16 years old till the end of August.  .705 ops in the DSL. Super young even for the DSL.  
Luis Nunez - 17yo RHer from the DR.  4.74 era in the DSL with 26k in 19ip.  
Darwin Moreno - 17yo RHed OFer from Venezuela.  .654 ops with 18bb/25k in 85pa.  
Gabriel Hernandez - 17yo RHer.  no stats.  
Daniel Rojas - 17yo RHer from Venezuela.  In the DSL.  Had his best outing of the year today.  5ip, 1h, 0er, 0bb, 4k.