• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lakers/Dwight Howard free agency

I'm personally glad that he is gone.  Dwight Howard is NOT a Los Angeles Laker!  We didn't get hurt here other than maybe losing some time to discuss deals with other free agents.  We traded damaged goods in Andrew Bynum for damaged goods in D12.  If we hadn't been able to pull off that trade, we would've had Drew under contract this past season with no playing time to show for it.  And, we wouldn't have had the luxury of being involved in potential sign and trades.  We would've just let Drew go.  So now we're at basically the same point.

Moving on.

No amnesty of Kobe please.  Just tell him not to rush back and thank him for his years of loyalty and service by keeping him as a lifelong Laker.  If it was me, I'd check the market on what we could get for Nash and Pau.  The other option is to bring in a couple of guys like Calderon and Dorelle Wright.  Is Metta getting amnestied?

All those that are happy Howard is gone for nothing hopefully you enjoy the Lakers sucking next year because I sure do not.

Which is why I think it's stupid that people want him gone. Yes, he's baby and pisses us all off but we can contend with him but without him we cannot, we'll be doomed for AT LEAST one year of suck. The suck will go on until we can lure FA to LA because a team with Kobe/Nash/Gasol isn't going to be a lottery team but they also aren't going to contend.

As a longtime Lakers fan (nearly 35 years), I don't enjoy watching an unappealing product.  I'm not made to very often either.  We have shown over and over again the ability to bounce back from small windows of misfortune, whether it be from an aging roster or injury.  This will be no different.  I was listening to Rick Fox speak about these negotiations and he said he'd tell Dwight what coach Dean Smith told Fox when Fox visited North Carolina before choosing a college.  "Rick, we're North Carolina.  Honestly, we're going to win.....with or without you.  You should join us and be a part of it".  If Dwight doesn't want to be a part of that, fine, but our future doesn't change.  We will win, be patient.

I applaud Mitch's ability to not react to the knee-jerk that you know he has had.  As of right now, we can run Pau out at center, Jordan HIll at PF, Metta at SF, Meeks at SG and Nash at point.  I would bet that Metta will be amnestied to allow the team to sign a couple of small pieces to fill in the roster.  Let Kobe slowly come back from his injury and get the best pick possible for next years draft.  I'm actually more upset that we lost Earl Clark than I am about losing Dwight.

To add to my previous post, we cannot win NEXT season with Gasol or Nash.  Trade Gasol to a team in need of a post player of Pau's skill-set for youth/picks.  Pau could potentially be re-signed after the 13-14' season at a much reduced rate to join the rebuild.  Same with Nash.  If we're going to not win a championship and probably watch a mediocre team at best, fully commit to the rebuild and maximize the suckage.