• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Mike Trout says he’s not thinking about extension talks with the Angels

AngelsWin.com

CHICAGO — Mike Trout greeted the latest round of speculation about his future in typical fashion, with a shrug.

Asked on Friday if he is expecting or hoping the Angels open extension talks this winter, Trout said little.

“I don’t know,” he said. “It’s up to them. Obviously you’ve got to finish out the season and worry about it in the offseason. I don’t want to worry about it right now.”

Trout, 27, has two years remaining on his $145 million contract. While Trout has won two MVP awards and played at an elite level throughout his career, the Angels have been to the playoffs just once in his first seven seasons.

There is a widespread perception that one part of keeping Trout will be the front office making enough moves to surround him with a team he believes will give him a chance to win.

Sign up for Home Turf and get exclusive stories every SoCal sports fan must read, sent daily. Subscribe here.

“Obviously I want to win,” Trout said. “It’s not a good feeling being in early September and you’re out of it. It’s definitely in the back of my mind, but you’ve got to trust the front office. We brought a lot of guys in this year and we were just banged up. You can’t predict injuries like that.”

When asked what expectations he has for moves this winter, Trout said: “I haven’t really thought about it. I’m just trying to finish out the season strong and see how it goes in the offseason.”

ALSO

Justin Upton (concussion) returned to the lineup after missing four games. He was hurt when his head hit the ground when he was trying to catch a fly ball in Houston. …

Andrew Heaney will start in Shohei Ohtani’s place on Sunday. Heaney will be pitching on a normal four days rest. …

Tyler Skaggs (groin) is scheduled for a simulated game next week, Manager Mike Scioscia said. Skaggs had said a couple weeks ago that he was aiming to make it back for three starts before the end of the season. …

The Angels called up left-hander Williams Jerez, increasing their active roster to 34 players.

UP NEXT

Angels (RHP Matt Shoemaker, 1-0, 2.53) at White Sox (RHP James Shields, 6-15, 4.39), Saturday, 4 p.m., Fox Sports West

View the full article