• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

I really like the Cogliano for Shore trade, the Ducks could still trade Shore to dump the contract on someone else for a draft pick & effectively gotten themselves out of the horrible overpaid contract that was Cogliano so the money can be spent elsewhere.

With Silfverberg, If a team only offers a 2nd + prospect they might just re-sign him instead esp if they are able to dump shore somewhere & then trade Silf next year when he can bring in a higher return.

It doesn’t matter.  They aren’t doing shit this year.  There’s no point in firing Carlyle and bringing a guy like Eakins into a toxic environment.  The losses are a good thing at this point.  I don’t want to hear any more talk about extending Silfverberg.  They need to trade him and they need to trade one of Lindholm or Fowler.  Stockpile picks.  

And for the love of god. Figure out how you’re going to get rid of Perry, Eaves, and Kesler. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

43 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It doesn’t matter.  They aren’t doing shit this year.  There’s no point in firing Carlyle and bringing a guy like Eakins into a toxic environment.  The losses are a good thing at this point.  I don’t want to hear any more talk about extending Silfverberg.  They need to trade him and they need to trade one of Lindholm or Fowler.  Stockpile picks.  

And for the love of god. Figure out how you’re going to get rid of Perry and Kessler. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/corey-perry#results

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/ryan-kesler/2019-06-15

Looking at 

2019-2020  $2.425 + $2.625 = $5.050

2020-2021  $2.425 + $6.625 = $9.050

2021-2022  $2.425 + $2 = $4.425

2022-2023  $2.425 + $2 = $4.425

2023-2024  $2.425

2024-2025  $2.425

But a trade of Perry, Silfverberg, Eaves, Fowler, Manson, Lindholm, Montour, Miller.  Obviously only one or two of the dmen.  Silfverberg should already be gone.  Perry, we might need to eat some money.  But even if it's $3 million a season, it would be worth it.  And Perry might be worth a $5 million a season contract to a deep contender.  

And you know some team that is in the hunt can use Miller.  He can make his run, then re-sign with us in the offseason.  

Looking at the league leaders.  Calgary and Winnipeg could be trade possibilities.  But the Islanders.  They could possibly absorb Perry's $5 million.  Might be interested in one of our defensemen too.  If we could get picks and say Joshua Ho Sang from them.  

On another forum i've seen Bruin fans wanting Perry, especially for a line that features both Perry & Marchand, that line would cause opposing teams to rage so hard they take stupid penalties thus putting the Bruins on a constant powerplay.

The Bruins liked Beleskey too, lets hope they like Perry too & open trade talks.

35 minutes ago, Pujols4MVP said:

On another forum i've seen Bruin fans wanting Perry, especially for a line that features both Perry & Marchand, that line would cause opposing teams to rage so hard they take stupid penalties thus putting the Bruins on a constant powerplay.

The Bruins liked Beleskey too, lets hope they like Perry too & open trade talks.

Trade talks?  We'll just give them Perry if they take the remaining contract.

Thankfully this team knows how to draft or they would turn into the Panthers/Hurricanes & the Samueli's wouldn't care, they don't give a F about winning anymore, they just want playoff births & division titles.

I really wish Arte would buy the Ducks under the condition the team has to stay in Anaheim for the next 100 years & he can't get in the way on how the team is run & he cannot downsize the scouting staff but he can fire coaches.

Ok so based on Point% the Ducks would draft #6th overall

but they could sink to getting the #3rd overall which allows them to draft Cozens who is a fast, big & skilled Center.

Potential 2019-20 forwards if both Kelser & Eaves are LTIRetired:

Jones/Getzlaf/Rakell

Ritchie/Turcotte or Dach or Cozens/Kase

Terry/Henrique/Perry

Shore/Rowney/Sherwood

If they land Turcotte or Dach they could move Henrique in a trade & promote Steel to the 3rd line Center role.

If Perry were to get demoted to the 4th line by coach Eakins, they could call up Comtois to replace Perry on the 3rd line.

9 hours ago, Pujols4MVP said:

Thankfully this team knows how to draft or they would turn into the Panthers/Hurricanes & the Samueli's wouldn't care, they don't give a F about winning anymore, they just want playoff births & division titles.

I really wish Arte would buy the Ducks under the condition the team has to stay in Anaheim for the next 100 years & he can't get in the way on how the team is run & he cannot downsize the scouting staff but he can fire coaches.

Sorry, I'd take the Samueli's over Arte.  Arte seems to be the one that doesn't give a F about winning anymore.  Ducks have been spending close to, and last few years, at the league max every year.  And you really can't get to at the max, if you want to have any flexibility to add players to make a run at the trade deadline.  In the NHL dynamic, you can't be the Doggies and blow past the cap, like the Angels should have been doing with the second highest tv revenue in the league and the greatest player since sliced bread.  

4 hours ago, Pujols4MVP said:

Ok so based on Point% the Ducks would draft #6th overall

but they could sink to getting the #3rd overall which allows them to draft Cozens who is a fast, big & skilled Center.

Potential 2019-20 forwards if both Kelser & Eaves are LTIRetired:

Jones/Getzlaf/Rakell

Ritchie/Turcotte or Dach or Cozens/Kase

Terry/Henrique/Perry

Shore/Rowney/Sherwood

If they land Turcotte or Dach they could move Henrique in a trade & promote Steel to the 3rd line Center role.

If Perry were to get demoted to the 4th line by coach Eakins, they could call up Comtois to replace Perry on the 3rd line.

Would be nice to get down to third pick.  There are so many good players in the top of this draft.  Would be nice for the ducks to have 2 top 10 picks.   Which would be possible if murray would get it through his thick skull that the Ducks aren't that good and to sell sell sell.  

BTW, I wouldn't break up the Ritchie/Henrique/Kase line.  That line just has chemistry and balance.  

22 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

At this point.  Gibson should only get half the starts the rest of the season.  This team has quit on Fatty.  

Hopefully Montreal is here to see Perry.  Everything must go.  Sell sell sell.

Fire Carlyle.

Ya I was just coming here to post that as well.  They need to take it easy on Gibson.  It’s pointless to keep subjecting him to this shit. 

And the D is just unacceptably bad.  I’m not trying to toot my horn but I’ve been saying that this group isn’t a good mix.  Lindholm is never going to raise up to be the 1 guy.  He’s just not that type of player.  He’d probably be great as a 2 or 3 but as the top D man he just doesn’t have it.  Fowler and Montour are nice players but not D men that you can depend on to shut guys down.  We need guys who are capable of dealing with an aggressive forecheck.  I believe that both Lindholm and Fowler would command 1st round picks.  We should trade one get as much as possible and see if we can do a rapid rebuild.  With all the younger players and Gibson a full rebuild doesn’t make sense.  But it’s clear that this group isn’t good enough.  We need a fundamental change in the make up of the roster and a bunch of players need to go. 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya I was just coming here to post that as well.  They need to take it easy on Gibson.  It’s pointless to keep subjecting him to this shit. 

And the D is just unacceptably bad.  I’m not trying to toot my horn but I’ve been saying that this group isn’t a good mix.  Lindholm is never going to raise up to be the 1 guy.  He’s just not that type of player.  He’d probably be great as a 2 or 3 but as the top D man he just doesn’t have it.  Fowler and Montour are nice players but not D men that you can depend on to shut guys down.  We need guys who are capable of dealing with an aggressive forecheck.  I believe that both Lindholm and Fowler would command 1st round picks.  We should trade one get as much as possible and see if we can do a rapid rebuild.  With all the younger players and Gibson a full rebuild doesn’t make sense.  But it’s clear that this group isn’t good enough.  We need a fundamental change in the make up of the roster and a bunch of players need to go. 

Yup, would not be surprised if 2 Dmen are traded.  Lindholm is so highly touted that he might get us a first and a prospect.  Fowler has so much control and is young that he probably could get us a first.  Same with Montour.  Manson is a weird one.  He has just enough muscle to be effective.  Really I think 2 of Lindholm, Fowler, and Montour will be dealt for 1sts.  And those two firsts might be enough to trade up into the top 10.  

And really, even if we trade 2 of Lindholm, Fowler, Montour.  We still have Larsson and Mahura to jump in next season.  Even on the Offense.  We trade Perry, Silfverberg, Kesler, Eaves for peanuts.  We still have Terry, Steel, Jones next season.  So unlike our neighbors who are also losing for Hughes, I think we are a lot better off for next season.  Since the Ducks are actually battling for a playoff spot, and the Reign are in dead last.

I got a hunch that Fowler or Lindholm is going to Montreal. Montreal's GM has been scouting the Ducks last 3 games.

Marc Bergevin & Bob Murray were talking at the 2016 draft, Fowler was once rumored to be going there.

Fowler age 27: 0.37 points per game this year (0.48 last year, big drop from last year). 1 point in his last 5 games.

Lindholm age 25: 0.43 points per game this year (last year was 0.45 so he's offensively produced about the same during a bad seas.on) 3 points in his last 5 games.

Fowler CF% 42% & being used in offensive zone starts 47.5% of the time.
Lindholm CF% 47.7% & being used in offensive zone starts 39.7%

Hampus is being used so heavily in the defensive zone & his CF% is still higher than Fowler.

Looking at other teams forums, everyone is low on Fowler & high on Lindholm. Not many want their team to cough up much for Fowler.