• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On 1/3/2019 at 6:48 AM, Pujols4MVP said:

About Expansion draft in 2021 After the 2020-21 season Getzlaf & Perry are UFA. Kesler has only 1 year left so he's either bought out or LTIRetired cause he'll be a bigger waste of a protection spot by then.

Expansion Draft Exempt forwards: Comtois, Steel, Lundestrom, Jones.

They could go 8 skaters + 1 goalie with Rakell/Kase/Ritchie/Henrique/Lindholm/Montour/Manson/Fowler/Gibson which leaves Seattle with option of taking either Mahura, Larsson, Aberg or Sprong but if they have already traded Fowler then they can protect one of Mahura or Larsson, Seattle with even more slim pickings.

So it'll be interesting to see who develops better in Larsson or Mahura, which one they are ok with losing.

I do not want to see Seattle turn Mahura into a power play weapon though. I strongly believe we'll lose either Mahura or Larsson.

Kesler's NMC isn't in effect that final year, it converts to a NTC so he won't need to be protected. But agreed, might buy out anyways if we need the cap space and he's still playing like garbage. 

Posted this in the NHL thread.  REally good read about some prospects that participated in the WJC.

NHL Draft stock watch: Biggest risers, fallers after 2019 World Junior Championship

Since the Ducks are stuck in mediocrity and will pick in the 15-20 range most likely.  This guy sounded good.

Rising: Ilya Morozov, D, Russia

....... Morozov is a multi-tool defenseman with top-four potential who handled his important role with poise and confidence.

....... simply because he’s such a capable two-way defender with size, mobility and a cannon of a shot.

Yeah, another defenseman.  But the shot is one aspect none of our defensemen have.  

9 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Kesler's NMC isn't in effect that final year, it converts to a NTC so he won't need to be protected. But agreed, might buy out anyways if we need the cap space and he's still playing like garbage. 

Kessler strikes me as done tbh.  He looks awful. 

I should watch tonights game.  But I just don't have the motivation to do so.  I just think that Stone and Duchene are going to put on a trade for me show.  It will be a kick in the balls if our losing streak extends to 9 against them.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I should watch tonights game.  But I just don't have the motivation to do so.  I just think that Stone and Duchene are going to put on a trade for me show.  It will be a kick in the balls if our losing streak extends to 9 against them.  

Check yourself, you're losing it.

Games not until tomorrow.

What I wonder is, what is it about a Carlyle team that Murray thinks is worth slogging through this ? The Ducks are a team that isn’t realistically in the cup hunt.  They’re trying to develop some younger players.  I don’t know that Carlyle is particularly well noted for that.  I just really don’t understand what the organization is trying to do.  

The sooner that front office brass accepts that the window is closed and they need to figure out how to win in the next 5 years rather then this year or next the better.  Eakins seems to make sense to me given his experience and familiarity with our younger players. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

What I wonder is, what is it about a Carlyle team that Murray thinks is worth slogging through this ? The Ducks are a team that isn’t realistically in the cup hunt.  They’re trying to develop some younger players.  I don’t know that Carlyle is particularly well noted for that.  I just really don’t understand what the organization is trying to do.  

The sooner that front office brass accepts that the window is closed and they need to figure out how to win in the next 5 years rather then this year or next the better.  Eakins seems to make sense to me given his experience and familiarity with our younger players. 

Fire Carlyle.  Then blow up the team and go young.  Here is who I would keep. 

Getzlaf.  Lets face it.  He is going to retire a Duck.

Rakell.  Duh.

Henrique.  They made a long term committment to him at a reasonable price.

Kase.  Young and cheap.

Ritchie.  Yeah yeah.  But his price tag, and he completes that line and finally has it through his head on what he needs to do.  

Fowler.  He's committed long term.  He carries the football out.  And his aav isn't too bad.

Manson.  You can't only have speed on D.  You need some muscle.

Gibson.  Duh.

Keep anyone under 21 maybe 22.  Aberg and Sprong, if someone is interested and will give up young/good picks.  I think we should listen.  Sell everyone else within reason.  

I think Montour and especially Lindholm can get us a very high pick.  Possibly a top 10 pick, maybe even a top 5.  

The problem with your plan is they would keep the same GM. Murray has probably capped out, reached his ceiling on what he is capable of putting together. A rebuild with him would probably just get you more of what we've had the last 8-10 years.

!0 years seldom lies. He is who he's been because he doesn't have the ability to change (much, enough).

Speaking of change. Has anyone else come to the conclusion that 'playing faster' has been given up on. Cuz, I'm not seeing even much of an effort to go there. Are we back to the same old Randy and Bob style hockey. You know, the way they played back in the day when there were real hockey players.

Oh, and I wouldn't trade Lindholm, Montour or would I have traded Pettersson.

Fowler is maxed out on who he is going to be. Overpaid - trade him. Pettersson could have become the muscle that Manson is and will be a better player. Also overpaid - trade him. Larsson is not showing much with this organization. When Randy turns on a guy, you might as well send him somewhere he has a chance - trade him. Welinski has no value. Wasn't he supposed to be a scoring defensive player ?

Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade all three of them. But they would be the ones who would be available.

You know, the reason Pittsburgh has managed to do so well despite having  no better draft picks than us, is probably because they evaluate talent at the NHL level a lot better than us. I think they stole Pettersson.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

The problem with your plan is they would keep the same GM. Murray has probably capped out, reached his ceiling on what he is capable of putting together. A rebuild with him would probably just get you more of what we've had the last 8-10 years.

!0 years seldom lies. He is who he's been because he doesn't have the ability to change (much, enough).

Speaking of change. Has anyone else come to the conclusion that 'playing faster' has been given up on. Cuz, I'm not seeing even much of an effort to go there. Are we back to the same old Randy and Bob style hockey. You know, the way they played back in the day when there were real hockey players.

Ya they abandoned the “faster game” exactly 1 week into the season.  Probably on account of Bob Murray not getting any faster players.  

That was always the most bullshit thing about the conclusion of last season.  Bobs dumb ass rant about getting faster.  Except his plan was.  “Well, we’ll pass faster” or some stupid shit like that. 

I'm fine with Murray.  I think he drafts well, and he makes reasonable trades.  I don't like that he's sticking with Carlyle, and hope they fire him soon and gives Eakin a chance for the rest of the season to prove himself.  I also disagree with playing fast.  This team is capable of playing fast.  They are just not coached well enough to play fast.  You look at Vegas.  They don't have fast players.  But they are well coached and play a fast tempo.  You watch them, and every player is in the right position, pushing the puck up the ice.  You look at our players, and they are either two steps back or two steps way ahead of the play.  And just IMO, I think the only thing that Carlyle knows when play fast, is Corey Perry type hockey.  Get the puck, home run pass.  Carlyle is playing checkers, in a chess match, then blaming the players for his poor coaching.