• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

17 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

One day someone with hit 4 HRs twice in their career. And it will probably be someone whose home park is Fenway or Wrigley or Camden Yard or Yankee Stadium or maybe in Cincy or Citizens Bank Park in Philly. Chase Field is also a possibility

There are two who currently have one four HR game. Scooter Gennett and JD Martinez. My money is on Martinez.

Interesting side note on Gehrig's four home runs on June 2, 1932. He might have had a fifth one, but his 9th inning blast was run down by the A's Al Simmons in the deepest part of centerfield in Shibe Park. At that time the wall was 468 feet from home plate. It could have possibly been an inside-the-park HR if Simmons hadn't gotten to the ball. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Interesting side note on Gehrig's four home runs on June 2, 1932. He might have had a fifth one, but his 9th inning blast was run down by the A's Al Simmons in the deepest part of centerfield in Shibe Park. At that time the wall was 468 feet from home plate. It could have possibly been an inside-the-park HR if Simmons hadn't gotten to the ball. 

I had never heard that before. Thanks for sharing. I love baseball lore like that.

19 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Matt Harvey was booed off the field after his bullpen appearance today in which he allowed 5 runs in 2 innings.

Things don't seem to be going too well  for him.

He’s about to get released 

Just now, fan_since79 said:

Can he throw strikes and keep the ball down?

Maybe he needs a change of scenery.

Have to go look at his contract...

If he's released we'd only be on the hook for the pro-rated minimum 

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

F the Yankees. I hope they cool down soon.

I think we are going to be hating the Yankees for quite some time. After Gardner and CC leave after this year, virtually the whole team in 30 or under. Several of their best players are 27 or under.

Their "rebuild" took like, what, two years?

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

I think we are going to be hating the Yankees for quite some time. After Gardner and CC leave after this year, virtually the whole team in 30 or under. Several of their best players are 27 or under.

Their "rebuild" took like, what, two years?

It wasn’t even a rebuild, they had prospects ready to contribute and Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez hitting in that band box stadium contributed to their success. Luis Severino is really good but aside from him their starting pitching shouldn’t be this good. CC found the fountain of youth this year.