• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Opening Day Thread for our minor league affiliates

Chuck

Salt Lake (Triple-A) vs. Albuquerque  (7:35 PM CT)

ABQ: Almonte (0-0)
SL: Lamb (0-0)

Mobile (Double-A) vs. Pensacola (7:35 EST)

PNS: TBD 
MOB: Castillo (0-0)

IE 66ers (High-A) vs. San Jose (7:05 PST)

SJ: Adon (0-0) IE: Canning (0-0)

Burlington (Low-A) vs. Peoria (6:30 CT)
No probable starters listed

Honestly, opening day for our minor league affiliates always takes a very close second to opening day for our big league club. 

I'm always excited to see our prospects perform for the first time at a new level, new position and just a year later after their development the previous year. 

4 hours ago, SantaAnafied said:

Really looking forward to seeing what Marsh and Adell can do! New smash bros?? Throw in Hunter jr and his development and we might have something special down there...I wonder if Hunter jr is willing to make a move to 3B? Is he good with his glove?

I doubt Hunter Jr. moves off of CF. He's a good defender there, so no need for a move. I hope despite a late start to baseball his bat can hang with Adell and Marsh, at the very least be respectable, with some SB's along the way.

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I doubt Hunter Jr. moves off of CF. He's a good defender there, so no need for a move. I hope despite a late start to baseball his bat can hang with Adell and Marsh, at the very least be respectable, with some SB's along the way.

My bet is that they try to develop these three as an OF unit together and that they will all promote at similar times as long as it is moderately warranted. It will be fun for us to watch!

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Honestly, opening day for our minor league affiliates always takes a very close second to opening day for our big league club. 

I'm always excited to see our prospects perform for the first time at a new level, new position and just a year later after their development the previous year. 

Same here! What's really nice is that this year we have way more pkayers to track and discuss who can make a real. Impact. That's so. Much more fun!

Mobile scores 7 runs in the 2nd on hits by pretty much everyone.  

Lamb gives up a 1st inning hr that was every bit of a lazy fly ball in regular baseball parks.   Hermosillo beats out a routine grounder and then steals a bag without a throw.  

BBees down 2-0.  Luis Madero made the start.  Former Az farmhand with a 4.5 era over 259.2 minor league innings in his age 21 yo season.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

Thaiss is 1-3 with a single and a hard hit ball that was caught in the oppo gap.  

Taylor Ward is 2-2.  

Barash and Moyer with hrs so far.  

Ward gets forgiveness on errors early on.