• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pull Charlie Morton From Under the Astros

HaloRed

11 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

I was thinking Brad Peacock.

Yeah Peacock would be a nice pick up but I highly doubt Astro’s would trade him. And Morton has stated he plans to retire after his contract with the Astros. He said something like he’s never been on a ball club like the Astros and doesn’t expect to ever find one again so he might as well retire when the Astros don’t want him anymore. Let me see if I can find a link. 

astros seem to be stocking up on starting pitching.......

either they expect a lot of injuries OR they are stock-piling and going to pull some major deadline deals for teams starved for rotation guys.

Morton, Peacock and other Houston starters who got them there last year.........

now they are going after Darvish, too?  A Darvish return to a Texas team and within the AL West makes sense. Didn't seem to fit in the NL.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:05 AM, jordan said:

Yeah Peacock would be a nice pick up but I highly doubt Astro’s would trade him. And Morton has stated he plans to retire after his contract with the Astros. He said something like he’s never been on a ball club like the Astros and doesn’t expect to ever find one again so he might as well retire when the Astros don’t want him anymore. Let me see if I can find a link. 

By the same token, he can do what he did last for the Angels this year with his outlook diminished with the Astros.

16 hours ago, totdprods said:

I think literally kidnapping him is the only way we'd be able to get him from the Astros.

His role has changed with the Astros now, demoted to say the least, where the Angels are that opportunity of a division rival to give him the promoted one.  I don't see it as kidnapping but rescuing.   

16 hours ago, disarcina said:

either they expect a lot of injuries OR they are stock-piling and going to pull some major deadline deals for teams starved for rotation guys.

Morton, Peacock and other Houston starters who got them there last year.........

now they are going after Darvish, too?  A Darvish return to a Texas team and within the AL West makes sense. Didn't seem to fit in the NL.

Darvish is off their radar after Cole acquired.  

16 hours ago, disarcina said:

The Angels are stacked at SP and BP themselves, but Morton's potential impact is eye-catching.  Who's the odd man out for the Angels with getting Morton?  I'd  say maybe Heaney with his durability concerns where if had Ramirez and Morton to pitch SP or RP for season or post-season, damn I want that!!

16 minutes ago, HaloRed said:

A fluke?  His stuff was so good last year that I would be willing to take the chance that it would carryover for another year at 35 years old.

Plus, he's not far from retiring anyway, if the story is truly an indication of his desire to walk away soon.

Who would it take to get Morton?   Who does Houston need most amongst position players?

12 minutes ago, HaloRed said:

His role has changed with the Astros now, demoted to say the least, where the Angels are that opportunity of a division rival to give him the promoted one.  I don't see it as kidnapping but rescuing.   

It'd be like the Angels trading Speizio or to the Yankees or Athletics right after the '02 series. They're not gonna want to send help to a playoff rival, at least without asking an uncomfortable price.

32 minutes ago, totdprods said:

They'll probably shift him into the role Musgrove occupied anyways. 

I kind of scratch my head why they gave up Musgrove who was such a workhorse for them last year.  Mid-innings, there was Musgrove!  ***My mistake, Devenski, not Musgrove, was the bullpen workhorse last season.*** 

49 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Plus, he's not far from retiring anyway, if the story is truly an indication of his desire to walk away soon.

Who would it take to get Morton?   Who does Houston need most amongst position players?

By the depth charts, the Angels have it on the IF with the Astros on the OF.  The Angels BP looks stronger, particularly with Ramirez that can slide in there.  The Astros inevitably will need to move Morton there, it seems.  Valbuena and JC Ramirez for Morton and Marisnick?