• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Set up man or good fourth outfielder?

Stradling

I go the other way with this one Ocho.  If I could get a guy like Dyson, I would take him over any of the set up guys that are left on the market.  He may not start a ton of games, but he would pinch run a few times a week.  He might even come in late in games as a defensive replacement.  He could also get a bunt down when needed.  Mostly I would see his value running late in games for Albert or Maldonado.  

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I go the other way with this one Ocho.  If I could get a guy like Dyson, I would take him over any of the set up guys that are left on the market.  He may not start a ton of games, but he would pinch run a few times a week.  He might even come in late in games as a defensive replacement.  He could also get a bunt down when needed.  Mostly I would see his value running late in games for Albert or Maldonado.  

Still not as value as a good setup man

The Angels have three full-time players in the outfield. Any 4th OF is going to get minimal playing time so someone like Jarrod Dyson is unlikely to sign with us because of that (unless he really believes that strongly in trying to win a WS ring) as he likely has offers for regular playing time with another team.

Bullpen piece would be where I would upgrade. You can always just snag a veteran prior to the start of the season or fill up with Minor League signings like Rymer Liriano.

Oh I'd gladly have Dyson, don't get me wrong. He's as good as a 4th outfielder gets. I just think his talents would be wasted here. 

We have a ton of bullpen options, but none are even close to a "sure thing". Granted, you can say that about every reliever, but it would be nice to have a rock solid option to hold down the fort for whomever ends up closing. 

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

Id welcome any further additions that make us better, and a good outfielder would help. And youre right, pinch running for pujols and maldy would help...(assuming they get on base enough...).

But i eould prefer a solid pen to lock down the good starts ee get from the SP staff. Were still on thin ice there until proven otherwise. Id rather not watch us give up leads than pinch run for one guy who will bat late in the order, and another who should be.

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Id welcome any further additions that make us better, and a good outfielder would help. And youre right, pinch running for pujols and maldy would help...(assuming they get on base enough...).

But i eould prefer a solid pen to lock down the good starts ee get from the SP staff. Were still on thin ice there until proven otherwise. Id rather not watch us give up leads than pinch run for one guy who will bat late in the order, and another who should be.

Actually, I'm thinking that signing someone like Reed and Watson with the remaining money and then bringing in EYJ to play the 4th outfielder would be a great final roster.

12 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Addison Reed, looking at what Eppler has done with unproven guys such as Bedrock, Norris and Parker. Makes you wonder what Eppler can go to Reed a proven and solid reliever . 

I think a lock down closer would do wonders for this team. No guessing who's coming in night after night