• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Resolving Pujols

NrM

I give Albert credit for playing through a painful condition.

I did a little reading about Plantar Fascitis and it appears a couple weeks or months on the DL probably wouldn't do much good- it takes around a year of rest and therapy to heal fully.

I think they just let him keep grinding it out until we get some other guys back and healthy, than assess where we are as a team.  If and when we get to the point where a playoff run is totally out of the ream of possibility, then I hope they just give him the rest of the season off to rehab so he'll be ready for next year.

It's not a good situation any way you look at it.

Not for the average case, AO.  There are little tears in muscle or tendon or whatever it is and they just need a long time to heal.

If by some miracle we turn things around and have a chance to make a playoff run, then as long as he can stand it, keep playing him.  If by the ASB we're still battling Houston for last place then I would hope they shut him down for the year.

Totally agree with you, and assuming we settle in around .500 once the injured are playing again, they would be also rans by August. That would give him 6 months to rest and rehab.

One thing to note is that although his injuries have increased since 2011, he has also shown the ability to come back quicker than the average time missed.

Agreed. .  plus he'll have the best medical help available, so that should give him a good chance to heal quicker than average.

Oh, and I went back and re-read a little; the Plantar Facia is a ligament.

That's pretty much what I got from I read Vegas.

Six months rest at a minimum.

And again, as frustrating as it is to watch him run at times, I give Albert a lot of credit for grinding it out through the pain.