• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Just now, cals said:

I did when I lived on the peninsula.  I got home from the bars and dude was in my kitchen.  I told him to get the fuck out and I was calling the cops.  I didn’t feel a need to shoot him.

If you did have a gun you could have forced him to cook you something. I don’t know about you but drinking makes me hungry  

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don’t think active shooter situations are preventable but I do think we can minimize their impact. There has to be a reason they’ve increased like they have so we need to figure that out. Thankfully they are still a very rare occurrence but when they do happen they are upsetting and we do need some solutions today not tomorrow or next week. I guarantee you there are other demented young men plotting one as I type this.  As far as gang bangers killing each other, I say let them. Nobody cares about them anyways. You and I have a different political views so we see this through different lenses. I respect your opinion because it’s coming from a place to where you want to see less people die from gun violence. So do I (except gang bangers). As a California gun owner I do not trust gun control proposals because they will never satisfied and want more restrictions as time goes on. Here in California they’ve done just that and they just keep piling on the laws that are not intended to save lives. Like the safe handgun roster or limiting gun purchases to one a month. At what point would the left be willing to say that restrictions aren’t working? IMO they won’t. This is why this subject is very politically decisive 

I don’t disagree that some legislation is pointless faux “do something” stuff.  I think I’m pretty critical of the materially worthless gesturing that democrats often do.  I speak about it often here.   But I think it’s fair to question whether your average citizen should have access to a weapon that makes it such that a dozen cops can’t easily confront them. Now we’re going back into the 2nd amendment stuff which you know my position on.  Anyway it’s fine.  I’m trying to be respectful as well.  I know you’re just thinking about what’s right. 

23 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I appreciate that of the total number of shooting deaths from the mass shooting events don’t represent a big portion of the overall numbers.  But don’t you think they probably represent the most preventable ones ? Also, it’s notable isn’t it that generally the states with firmer restrictions have substantially lower concentrations of gun related violence.  Even Illinois with all its problems in Chicago looks significantly less then say, Mississippi.  Other states with very lax laws. 

anyway, to me it hits different when it’s people just out to the movies or shopping or kids in a school then like gang bangers murdering each other.  

Demographics matter. 

We still haven’t addressed the loss of life from the blm mobs of 2020. The left continues to show up in neighborhoods across America when the democrat party delivers marching orders. Libs don’t hate violence. It’s their primary tactic. Lecture me about an ar 15 after when our cities are safe and no longer burn every election year

Nowadays there are alarm systems with multiple cameras and speakers and will alert you right to your phone as it happens. You really don't need anything more for home protection. Y'all don't have ninja assassin coming after you.

You aren't Tony Montana. 

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

Nowadays there are alarm systems with multiple cameras and speakers and will alert you right to your phone as it happens. You really don't need anything more for home protection. Y'all don't have ninja assassin coming after you.

You aren't Tony Montana. 

https://patch.com/california/los-angeles/amp/30677946/suspect-killed-in-la-county-home-invasion-robbery

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/riverside-home-invasion-robbers-shoot-resident-in-stomach-as-he-defends-wife/2894917/?amp

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/losangeles/news/2-adults-juvenile-arrested-in-connection-with-perris-home-invasion/

https://patch.com/california/beverlyhills/police-search-3-beverly-hills-home-invasion-robbery-report

this is just in the past couple of weeks