• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/15 Rangers @ Angels: Bud Norris starting

jsnpritchett

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

I have had more faith in Chavez than in Nolasco for a while. He just cant last more than 4-5 innings.

Although, I have to admit, Nolasco pitched pretty well against the Astros last night. That was an abnormality.

Moreno is a flippin' cheapazz.  I wondered why Chavez hasnt started in a while. This is blatant. I wouldnt be surprised to see the union bring this up. Norris hasnt started a game this year, has he?

Maybe now we know why Chaves isn't starting. Fact is, he's terrible. That 5+ ERA, I believe should give no doubt as to why he doesn't start. He already blew yet another lead. Love how Mike yanks out all the other pitchers with one inning or less of 0 runs pitched, but leaves Chaves in to continue sinking the team.Chaves is not a mlb quality pitcher.

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

That's just Scioscia leaving him in too long. This is obviously an all-hands-on-deck, bullpen game. Chavez wouldnt pitch long, anyway.

So, this removes Norris as a potential set-up guy or closer. I didnt realize we were so deep there, that we can use Norris as a "starter". 

It's September 15, and we're in a battle for a playoff spot. The fact we're having a bullpen game this late in the season during a pennant race highlights the obvious need to fill first this winter.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

It's September 15, and we're in a battle for a playoff spot. The fact we're having a bullpen game this late in the season during a pennant race highlights the obvious need to fill first this winter.

Agreed, i would much rather see money put into a lock down bullpen than an overpriced starter, but thats me