• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sick Rotation Vs Sick Lineup: A September to Remember?

Jeff Williams

Astros vs Angels:

Sick Rotation + Correa returning on the horizon - bullpen vs Sick Lineup + Richards returning on the horizon + bullpen.

Added, Astros have won 20 since after the AS break; the Angels with 24, 18 of which for August.   

What the pundits question: the Angels relative weaker starting rotation. 

What they Overlook:

39 COMEBACK WINS HELD BY A SICK BULLPEN WITH CHAVEZ AS THE ADDED ROCK TO IT.  

Oh I'm not done yet, pundits! 

With the September expanded 40-man rosters, suppose the Angels starting rotation develops as Bridwell, Skaggs, Heaney, Richards, Nolasco, Ramirez, Meyer all with the mindset of needing to pitch 5-6 innings confident behind such a lineup assembled and the pitchers to win THAT game behind them that includes some within themselves. 

Houston picked up Verlander to relieve Keuchel of the pressure for the NEXT game behind him, right?

For the Angels, forget about the NEXT game, they might end up assembled to win THAT game in September to go to into the post season with!

Pretty damn special I would say!

Ricky gets into trouble, Sosh can go to the pen.

Ricky gives innings, the pen is spared.

Ricky throws deep into the game, the pen is even more spared and better rested.  

That applies to any in the rotation regardless with who is the weakest.  Cofidence for everyone in the clubhouse to win THAT game is quite a winning intangible.

22 minutes ago, krAbs said:

I agree, but Meyer and Ramirez appear to be out for the season. Just went on the 60-day DL. Still, rich-heandog-skaggs-brid-Nolasco isn't half bad- assuming injury recovery goes smoothly from here on out. Especially if we can bring up Barria to replace Nolasco soon.

Fletcher said Meyer would be able to pitch the final week of the season. His 60 day DL is retroactive to when he last pitched.

32 minutes ago, Jeff Williams said:

Oh I'm not done yet, pundits! 

With the September expanded 40-man rosters, suppose the Angels starting rotation develops as Bridwell, Skaggs, Heaney, Richards, Nolasco, Ramirez, Meyer all with the mindset of needing to pitch 5-6 innings confident behind such a lineup assembled and the pitchers to win THAT game behind them that includes some within themselves. 

Houston picked up Verlander to relieve Keuchel of the pressure for the NEXT game behind him, right?

For the Angels, forget about the NEXT game, they might end up assembled to win THAT game in September to go to into the post season with!

Pretty damn special I would say!

No Ramirez, no Meyer.

7 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Fletcher said Meyer would be able to pitch the final week of the season. His 60 day DL is retroactive to when he last pitched.

Oh! I did not realize that. No that it should make a TON of difference - I would be a bit surprised if we relied on him in the playoffs (though, I guess I wouldn't be shocked, depending on how rich/skaggs/heaney/bridwell look at the end of the year), and one week of pitching is really only about one start, but hey. Its something.

37 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

That's what I said before I knew why the Angels put Meyer on the 60-day. He had a setback. He's out for the regular season. 

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/31/angels-notes-garrett-richards-joins-team-for-an-evaluation-could-be-activated/

11 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

That's what I said before I knew why the Angels put Meyer on the 60-day. He had a setback. He's out for the regular season. 

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/31/angels-notes-garrett-richards-joins-team-for-an-evaluation-could-be-activated/

Well, Thanks I guess. We're cursed.

30 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Oh and Ramirez maybe out for the year too? 

The Astros are a much better team. But that doesn't mean they'll play much better for the rest of the year, or that the Angels can't get hot at the right time and go all the way. But I just wouldn't want to compare the two teams on paper in the hopes of making the Angels look good. The only way they faintly stack up close to the Astros is if the Angels starting pitchers all miraculously not only remain healthy, but actualize their full potential and the offense clicks and everyone peaks.

But again, the fun thing about baseball is that the most talented team doesn't always win. Heart matters.

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

All hinged upon hope that he simply regains for into the post season.  I just love the different-look mix they're throwing at their opponents each game, it's beautiful!!  

...Yes, the Angels are among the lowest ranked OPS teams as the pundits, including Down-Under, have said.  But, part of that is while Trout was out (as they nicely held fort during) and what has it been since Trout returned, with Cron and Calhoun rebounding, to Simmons before Upton has arrived?  Can anyone tell me that?? 

3 hours ago, Jeff Williams said:

I pasted Roto-World, now it deleted it with Fletcher as their source.  Which is it, Jeff, Meyer is possible to return or are we looking at 2018 at this point?

Geez, I feel stoned!

My initial tweet was only to indicate that the mere placement on the 60-day DL didn't mean he was out for the season because there was some season left after the 60 days was up. 

My later reporting, after talking to Eppler, indicated that he actually had a setback.