• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/22 Angels vs. Rangers: Albert hits third

5 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Simmons should hit next to Trout...he's their 2nd best hitter/player

There is good argument for Simmons.  However I think it will be a mistake having him bat third.  He was considered a below average hitter until this year and he really isn't a power hitter and run producer.  I think he would be great at the 2 slot.  

Despite his power numbers this year you don't want Simmons thinking he is a power hitter because he is likely to change his approach and become a below hitter again. (Like he did in Atlanta after his first year.)

Just now, stormngt said:

There is good argument for Simmons.  However I think it will be a mistake having him bat third.  He was considered a below average hitter until this year and he really isn't a power hitter and run producer.  I think he would be great at the 2 slot.  

Despite his power numbers this year you don't want Simmons thinking he is a power hitter because he is likely to change his approach and become a below hitter again. (Like he did in Atlanta after his first year.)

Sorry but as of now Simmons is as big of a threat to hit the long ball as Albert.  

1 minute ago, eligrba4ever said:

His red-hot 2 weeks in July is enough to have him at .203 entering tonight's game. Minor League stuff only counts for guesswork.

So for the record.  He is better than a 200 hitter and you were factually wrong in your previous post.  Ok     

Just now, Stradling said:

Sorry but as of now Simmons is as big of a threat to hit the long ball as Albert.  

I wont argue with your point.  My point is of he (Simmons) starts trying to hit HRs he is likely to change his approach and become a mediocre hitter.  That's what he did in Atlanta after his first season.  I am concerned he has started doing it already this year.  He is batting 242 in the month.

Look I am not really defending Albert. He is having a pathetic season And I don't have much hope he will be any better next year. And I won't get if he is moved down.  I am just saying we don't have many clear cut options better.  I do think it's a mistake if Simmons starts thinking he us power hitter.