• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Darvish

wopphil

Should be a top priority this off-season. Realistically, he is going to cost at least 6/160, maybe more. Anyone interested in him at that number?

Darvish likely brings more value than the combination of Richards, Nolasco and Chavez, who have combined for injured mediocrity (at a cost of $20 mil). 

Baseball is a simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball etc...

The Angels have had problems throwing the ball. Whenever their pitchers do it, they get hurt. 

The Angels are pretty good at catching the ball, which we shouldn't take for granted, because given how this team operates, it wouldn't surprise me to see a bunch of broken hands every time they try to turn a double play.

And finally, with the exception of three players (Trout, Simmons and Calhoun) they just aren't that good at hitting the Ball.

We have bigger fish to fry than paying for Darvish. Besides, he'd probably get hurt just by pitching in the same vicinity as Richards and Skaggs.

I'm more afraid of the Angels throwing that much money at a soon to be 31 year old starting pitcher who has thrown over 2,000 innings between Japan and the US while pitching less than 250 innings from 2014-2016 due to injuries.  This seems like one of those situations where a guy who has had a major injury has a good year in a contract year, gets overpaid and it's very likely that whoever signs him is regretting the last few years of his back loaded contract. 

Also I agree that the Angels have so many other needs that I don't want to see them make a move like this in the coming off season.  Currently they're bottom 5 in all of baseball in runs scored per game, OBP, SLG and OPS.  In the AL they're dead last in runs scored per game, 2nd to last in OBP, last in SLG and last in OPS.  Trout missing time obviously impacts these numbers but even if he hadn't been injured they have a lot of holes on offense.  Meanwhile in all of baseball they're middle of the pack in team ERA, starters ERA and 8th in reliever ERA.  The pitching has outperformed any reasonable expectations given the injuries they've had. 

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

Baseball is a simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball etc...

The Angels have had problems throwing the ball. Whenever their pitchers do it, they get hurt. 

The Angels are pretty good at catching the ball, which we shouldn't take for granted, because given how this team operates, it wouldn't surprise me to see a bunch of broken hands every time they try to turn a double play.

And finally, with the exception of three players (Trout, Simmons and Calhoun) they just aren't that good at hitting the Ball.

We have bigger fish to fry than paying for Darvish. Besides, he'd probably get hurt just by pitching in the same vicinity as Richards and Skaggs.

He already had his Tommy John.

We have enough pitching as long as 80% of our starters can stay healthy for an entire season. Fix LF and 2B. Put Cowart at 3B and Cron at 1B (no platoon).

5 hours ago, wopphil said:

Should be a top priority this off-season. Realistically, he is going to cost at least 6/160, maybe more. Anyone interested in him at that number?

His injury history and his age concern me. Do you really want him under contract for $20M plus in his age 36 season? I don't.