• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

ettin

The Angels were born the Los Angeles Angels. Just because they moved to Anaheim didn't necessarily mean they needed to change their name.

That would be my first choice.

Second choice would be California Angels.

When the Los Angeles Lakers moved from the Sports Arena to the Forum did they change their name to the Inglewood Lakers?

Don't the New York Giants football team actually play in New Jersey?

The Dallas Cowboys play in Irvine Texas.

Will the Chargers be the Carson Chargers or the Los Angeles Chargers?

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

In all of my conversations with people about baseball I've never referred to the team more than just the Angels and that spans 50 years. 

You could also say the same thing about the Yankees or the Dodgers.

IMHO one of the biggest mistakes Gene Autry made was changing the name of the team, though I don't really have a problem with California Angels and kind of like it, the state is a big place and doesn't really represent just where the team plays. The thought of Los Angeles is more alluring and creates a sense of excitement that Anaheim just can't replicate. In no way do I say this as a slam of the city of Anaheim, it's just the way it is.

When the Rams moved to Anaheim they kept Los Angeles in their name because they knew that the name Los Angeles conjured up more of a big league mystique and marketability because sports teams have a tradition of playing in big cities. 

1 hour ago, Angels#1Fan said:

You could also say the same thing about the Yankees or the Dodgers.

IMHO one of the biggest mistakes Gene Autry made was changing the name of the team, though I don't really have a problem with California Angels and kind of like it, the state is a big place and doesn't really represent just where the team plays. The thought of Los Angeles is more alluring and creates a sense of excitement that Anaheim just can't replicate. In no way do I say this as a slam of the city of Anaheim, it's just the way it is.

When the Rams moved to Anaheim they kept Los Angeles in their name because they knew that the name Los Angeles conjured up more of a big league mystique and marketability because sports teams have a tradition of playing in big cities. 

You obviously missed yk and Chad protesting the Rams for not changing their name to the Anaheim Rams. 

3 hours ago, Lou said:

lol one writer pens an article (where he says nothing new) and "they are still talking about it"  .0001% of people talk about. 

Face it, people around the country don't give a rat's ass. Most sane people in SoCal don't either  

I read stupid stuff about it all the time . The name is a joke across the country . It's not on the everyday headlines but many times when the angels name comes up the stupid name is there just like if you walked around the office with your zipper unzipped or a piece of toilet paper stuck to your shoe . 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Getting upset about the name change is childish.  If you're embarrassed by the name of your favorite team that's on you, not on Arte for going after the revenue.

I certainly don't get upset but I am embarrassed by it . It's a stupid name, why wouldn't I'd be embarrassed by it? 

One of the other incorrect things that they Artie not swingers said 13 years ago was that this would all blow over in a year or two. It hasn't. 13 years later people are still talking about the stupid name . 

14 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Inglewood is in Los Angeles County at least. LAX is in Inglewood.

Anaheim is in Orange County, and has 3x+ the population of Inglewood.

Who cares what county they are in? Since when has that been a criteria in the naming of a team? If it were so important you guys should be clamoring for Arte to change the name to the Orange Angels

22 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

The Dallas Cowboys play in Irvine Texas.

They play in Arlington. 

Anybody know what county Arlington is in? I've heard it's rather important.

Hint: it's n9t Dallas or Arlington county