• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

At the halfway point, who looks like your Championship Series finalists?

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Arrieta's Steve Blass impersonation is scary though.   Lackey is getting up there in years.   Hendricks has missed a month.   Granted, they still have Lester, but even he has a 3.67 ERA.   The Cubs hitting has depth in the lineup, but they haven't scored a lot of runs.   Like the Dogs, it seems to be the HR providing a lot of their offense, only 24 SBs. 

But we both know these aren't the rosters that will play in October and as I stated before it's Theo who will do the best job filling holes

13 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I really want to write something insensitive about you watching 4-6hrs of baseball per day but there are a lot of people with different situations on this board.  I hope it's cuz your're a billionaire pimp with lots of free time.  

My other guess is that you're a school teacher. 

HA!  Suck it Tank!

Jerk. You go to school two years longer than me and you think you're cool because you're a doctor!

Well I'll have you know being a teacher is awesome. I love making less money than the screw up in high school that got his GED and went to a year of community college! 

I agree with the OP's assessment if I were to go with a set of teams those would be the ones.

The Indians pitching staff, despite their actual results, are an amazing group and their peripherals are off the charts. They are one good reliever shy of being a nearly perfect group. Their set of position players are strong and capable and they have two pretty good catchers behind the dish.

On the other end the Dodgers seem ideally set up for a playoff team. They are so lefty heavy on their pitching staff that it will pose a problem for a lot of teams that could meet them in the Championship or World Series as not all teams are good against LHP. For instance if the Dodgers and Diamondbacks meet up in the playoffs I think Arizona is toast because they have sucked hard against LHP so far this year (unless they beef it up at the deadline and even then....).

4 hours ago, nando714 said:

Yankees SP won't hold 

Red Sox are getting no production from 3B and I think C but their SP is great on paper.

Astros lost SP to injury and who knows if they'll hold up

AL is Wide Open

Yep, not necessarily for us as it relates to winning the division, but if anyone thinks that these teams are unbeatable, they are just dumb.  Every team has warts.  

On 6/29/2017 at 10:40 PM, Dochalo said:

I really want to write something insensitive about you watching 4-6hrs of baseball per day but there are a lot of people with different situations on this board.  I hope it's cuz your're a billionaire pimp with lots of free time.  

My other guess is that you're a school teacher. 

HA!  Suck it Tank!

I'm retired, working part time for BLM up in Idaho. Day driver. I subscribe to MLB, so I can watch most any game, at any time.

Actually, my hours of watching may go down. I just discovered that MLB has condensed versions of games that are an option on my new Android TV. I havent seen that before on my computer or mobile device. Any and all offensive plays are shown and probably 70% of the outs. Games are reduced to about 15 minutes. 

Personally, I would rather have Kluber as my playoff starter than Kershaw. Kluber is lights out right now, and pitches well in the playoffs. In his four starts in June, he had a WHIP of 0.6 and was averaging 13.4K/9. 

Cubs arent hitting yet and their starters arent pitching as good as last year. And they dont have Chapman. though Davis has been very good.

Houston leads in virtually every offensive category in the AL, but they have a few starters out, they dont take pitches and they arent as good a fielding team as the Indians.

Dodgers are for real and could win it all.

On 6/30/2017 at 8:20 AM, halomatt said:

I'd take the Dodgers against any other team.  Brilliant, innovative front office, a managerial staff unafraid of advanced metrics, a team with young, very impressive players, effective veterans, the best pitcher in baseball, a ridiculously deep farm system and a shit-ton of money to get whatever they need to get over the hump. 

(As I type this, I flash back to Poo-holes swinging at a pitch that almost hits him in the neck. Sigh.)

November 2, 2011 McCourt sells the Dodgers.

December 8, 2011 Angels sign Albert Pujols. 

Arte was going to take over LA.

fun times.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

No he was jacking off to Albert hitting into double plays.  

The Astros are 29 games over .500 while we are a .500 team. I don't think there's anything that needs to be explained here. They have a healthy, youthful solid team and we don't. 

The only thing that can change that is a complete rebuild from within. Pujols has to vacate the lineup and they need to get younger through trades and the drafts. The current piecemeal work is admirable and a nice try but Trout won't hang around for piecemeal. Start selling and dumping as much salary as possible. 

33 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

The Astros are 29 games over .500 while we are a .500 team. I don't think there's anything that needs to be explained here. They have a healthy, youthful solid team and we don't. 

The only thing that can change that is a complete rebuild from within. Pujols has to vacate the lineup and they need to get younger through trades and the drafts. The current piecemeal work is admirable and a nice try but Trout won't hang around for piecemeal. Start selling and dumping as much salary as possible. 

We are doing a complete rebuild.  Albert won't leave yet so stop complaining about it.  He isn't the entire problem nor he is the problem moving forward.  He won't even prevent what you want from the team.  

As far as saying it's admirable, how bout actually saying that from time to time instead of your normal, everything is shit persona.  It makes whatever valid points you have moot.  

We don't need to dump anymore salary.  If we are doing a rebuild then we won't be paying other people money either.