• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cron Up and other changes (Bedrosian saga)

Magnifico has a good arm but has been lit up in the Angels minor league system. Hard for me to understand why they chose to promote him over Eduardo Paredes. 

The only logical conclusion I've reached is that Magnifico won't be up for long once Bedrosian is activated and they didn't want to start Paredes' clock before they absolutely had to.  It makes some sense.

9 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Magnifico has a good arm but has been lit up in the Angels minor league system. Hard for me to understand why they chose to promote him over Eduardo Paredes. 

The only logical conclusion I've reached is that Magnifico won't be up for long once Bedrosian is activated and they didn't want to start Paredes' clock before they absolutely had to.  It makes some sense.

Lots of moving parts...others on DL...They might not want to start the clock for Paredes yet...

2 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Not about bringing up it is about the DFA'ing. Who is more likely to get snagged up off of waivers, Magnifico or Paredes. I'm guessing the latter (or perhaps it is someone else on the roster who knows).

28 minutes ago, ettin said:

Not about bringing up it is about the DFA'ing. Who is more likely to get snagged up off of waivers, Magnifico or Paredes. I'm guessing the latter (or perhaps it is someone else on the roster who knows).

Since they're both on the 40 man and both have options left, there's won't be any DFA'ing. They can shuttle them between Anaheim and Salt Lake no problem. 

And Paredes won't be DFA'd at any point, he's a hot commodity. Only 22, throws mid-90's from a sidearm slot and has great command. He could be Darren O'Day.

23 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Since they're both on the 40 man and both have options left, there's won't be any DFA'ing. They can shuttle them between Anaheim and Salt Lake no problem. 

And Paredes won't be DFA'd at any point, he's a hot commodity. Only 22, throws mid-90's from a sidearm slot and has great command. He could be Darren O'Day.

I should have phrased that better. Yes Paredes would have options. But there may be others on the roster that don't have options that could get DFA'd. In fact just ignore my first response I have been sick with a bad headache and nausea since I woke up this morning so I'm spouting gibberish.