• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia promotion

maybe jd can promote scioscia to assistant to the media relations office for policy promulgation? that way, he wouldn't be fired, they could force him to show up everyday and embarrass him to the point he forgives the rest of his contract and just leaves.

i think scioscia is TRYING to get fired.

scioscia's purposely going in the tank. its the only explanation for the mind numbing moves he makes.

he purposely exposes the teams weaknesses to make jd look bad, get fired and sit on his ass and collect money.

if i can see how bad his choices are as far as who to play, relief piching and on field strategy, there's something terribly wrong.

this might all be funny if i was a fan of another team. as it is it's probably the worst mess i've ever seen of a mlb field management staff.

It certainly does seem that way, doesn't it? I think you're on to something. I've never seen a manager mismanage, mishandle and misuse a bullpen the way he has. From putting relievers in unfavorable situations/not ideal match-up situations to often times using the wrong (our worst) relievers to preserve the lead/hold games to taking relievers out too quickly or not quickly enough and not having players warming up in time. He also has a knack to either leave the starter in too long or not long enough. The running game has been a complete failure and I am not even going to mention his other in-game strategies which have failed miserably. 

It does seem like he is managing to lose. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's deliberately sabotaging the Angels chances of winning by managing against them. It does seem like he wants to get fired. He is probably upset at Arte that he lost his power to Dipoto. He doesn't even agree with Dipoto's baseball views to begin with. They don't even see eye-to-see. He is also probably upset that Dipoto fired his best friend, Mickey Hatcher. What better way to make the guy who fired your best friend and took your power away look bad than by managing against the team HE built, which will in effect make him and his moves look bad? Genius! Scioscia also knows that he will get his money NO MATTER WHAT. The joys of a 10-year, 100% guaranteed contract! He is signed for another, what, 5 years? Then you add in the fact that Hatcher is back with the Dodgers and that the Dodgers current manager, Don Mattingly, contract expires after this year. Perhaps Scioscia has a secret agreement with the Dodgers to purposely manage against the Angels and try to make them lose (a win for the Dodgers when the Angels are losing and have fewer fans at the ballpark), and then when he inevitably gets fired, he goes back to the Dodgers and manages them either starting in 2014 or earlier (if the Dodgers fire Mattingly in-season), while helping destroy the Angels 2013 season in the process.

Bravo and well done, Scioscia. You're certainly on your way to accomplishing your mission.

It certainly does seem that way, doesn't it? I think you're on to something. I've never seen a manager mismanage, mishandle and misuse a bullpen the way he has. From putting relievers in unfavorable situations/not ideal match-up situations to often times using the wrong (our worst) relievers to preserve the lead/hold games to taking relievers out too quickly or not quickly enough and not having players warming up in time. He also has a knack to either leave the starter in too long or not long enough. The running game has been a complete failure and I am not even going to mention his other in-game strategies which have failed miserably. 

It does seem like he is managing to lose. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's deliberately sabotaging the Angels chances of winning by managing against them. It does seem like he wants to get fired. He is probably upset at Arte that he lost his power to Dipoto. He doesn't even agree with Dipoto's baseball views to begin with. They don't even see eye-to-see. He is also probably upset that Dipoto fired his best friend, Mickey Hatcher. What better way to make the guy who fired your best friend and took your power away look bad than by managing against the team HE built, which will in effect make him and his moves look bad? Genius! Scioscia also knows that he will get his money NO MATTER WHAT. The joys of a 10-year, 100% guaranteed contract! He is signed for another, what, 5 years? Then you add in the fact that Hatcher is back with the Dodgers and that the Dodgers current manager, Don Mattingly, contract expires after this year. Perhaps Scioscia has a secret agreement with the Dodgers to purposely manage against the Angels and try to make them lose (a win for the Dodgers when the Angels are losing and have fewer fans at the ballpark), and then when he inevitably gets fired, he goes back to the Dodgers and manages them either starting in 2014 or earlier (if the Dodgers fire Mattingly in-season), while helping destroy the Angels 2013 season in the process.

Bravo and well done, Scioscia. You're certainly on your way to accomplishing your mission.

i am a noted paranoid but... its my firm belief that scioscia has alot more baseball smarts than he has been showing over the last three years.

i would like to think they want to win. however, if the money factor (gate receipts, salary and contractual obligations) remain the same as when the team is winning, it doesn't matter if they win or lose.

as long as the holy bottom line (profitability) is reached.

i would like to think they want to win. however, if the money factor (gate receipts, salary and contractual obligations) remain the same as when the team is winning, it doesn't matter if they win or lose.

as long as the holy bottom line (profitability) is reached.

You are mistaking manager with a bottom line focused owner. If you suggest a player or manager is trying to lose or doesn't care about winning you lose all credibility in everything you say. I go back to my own experiences in anything competitive. I have never ever tried to lose or not cared about winning. These guys are incredibly competitive by nature or they would have never made it this far.