• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels' Luis Valbuena tweaks surgically-repaired hamstring

1 minute ago, Scotty@AW said:

If you trade Escobar, I think you're going to see more solo HR's then 2 or 3 run homeruns. Someone has to get on base for Trout and Pujols.

That's where Maybin/Revere come in. I'm guessing we'll keep one of the two after this season. 

Luis Valbuena will miss 4-6 weeks with a strained right hamstring.

It's a Grade 1 strain, which is considered the least serious. It's still going to keep Valbuena out for at least the first month, which should allow C.J. Cron to settle in as the everyday first baseman. Valbuena's injury also increases Jefry Marte's chances of making the Opening Day roster. When healthy, Valbuena will platoon with Cron at first base.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

So a career .322 OBP or a .320.    The AL Average for leadoff hitters last year was .333,   Escobar the last three years has been over .350.

Being fast is great -- but being out machines...  not so much.

Last season  Maybin's OBP .383, throw out Revere's injury plagued last season and his OBP would be closer to .340. I expect Escobar defense to hurt more than his singles will help. As many times as he got on base he scored only 68 runs, fewer than Cron, Trout and even Pujols. Possibly because of his poor base running.  I also expect Escobar to regress due to his age.

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Luis Valbuena will miss 4-6 weeks with a strained right hamstring.

It's a Grade 1 strain, which is considered the least serious. It's still going to keep Valbuena out for at least the first month, which should allow C.J. Cron to settle in as the everyday first baseman. Valbuena's injury also increases Jefry Marte's chances of making the Opening Day roster. When healthy, Valbuena will platoon with Cron at first base.

So 4-6 weeks for a Grade 1???

Timeframes for rehabilitation and return to sport vary depending on the nature and severity of the strain. As a general rule, Grade 1 hamstring strains should be rested from sporting activity for about three weeks and Grade 2 injuries for a minimum of four to eight weeks.

10 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

So 4-6 weeks for a Grade 1???

Timeframes for rehabilitation and return to sport vary depending on the nature and severity of the strain. As a general rule, Grade 1 hamstring strains should be rested from sporting activity for about three weeks and Grade 2 injuries for a minimum of four to eight weeks.

It's the same hamstring that he had surgery on, so that's probably why.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Also I wonder if perhaps recover time is a little longer considering he is playing professional sports.  It's not like he's some average dude who can go back to playing in his Monday night co-ed softba league. 

I wonder what type of off-season workout program Valbuena followed that somehow convinced the Angels medical staff that he was 100% healthy. We knew he had surgery so at the very least did he jog around the Big A for our trainers or was he just a Buy it Now purchase.