• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alden Gonzalez: Richards to help solidify bullpen, Williams into rotation

They should both start and put Crapton or Vargas in the pen.

You mean the Vargas who's gone 7+ with 2 or fewer ER in his last three starts, and currently has a chance at a complete game shutout? 

edit: game over

Richards needs to stay a starter. They need him to work out as such. moving him to the pen because they think it may help salvage the season is shortsighted. it could help, but if the team isn't playoff bound then let him cut his teeth. he's got the stuff to be a number 2 if he can work on his command and repeat his delivery.

Having Williams in the rotation over Richards isn't the point. The rotation doesn't get any stronger while Fat Joe is still in there. You're gonna have good and bad starts from Williams, just like you do from Richards. If it comes down to it, Richards has more overall talent and better stuff than Williams, his issue is repeating his delivery like already stated above. They should both be in the rotation, that is the point. 

it actually bums me out that we signed blanton. not just cuz he sucks, but because I like dipoto and think he's a good gm yet that move takes away my faith in his thought processes. I am torn between wanting to leave Blanton in the rotation just to see if he can turn things around and restore my faith vs. what I think gives the team the best shot to win. I get what they are trying to do here, but it's hard for me to imagine the playoffs being a legit possibility.