• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

playstation vue/sling tv/directv now

So I just cancelled my time warner TV service over the weekend. We were paying 80 bucks a month, and I started looking into Sling TV. I ended up getting PS vue since I have a PS4 in the living room and it doesn't have a Sling TV app available. So far it seems pretty cool, i'm missing almost nothing that I would use on regular cable. The only thing Vue doesn't have is they recently lost the Viacom network (Comedy Central, Spike, MTV, Nickelodeon and I think some others), but I think they're already back in talks to get it back. I got the elite package, and for 5 bucks less than what I was paying with time warner I get the added benefit of some premium channels like HBO/Showtime, a cloud DVR feature, and the ability to watch live TV on mobile devices (or any device the supports the app). 

Anyone else get this? It has local sports networks like FS west/prime ticket. I think i'm most curious to see if i'll be able to watch the Angels on my phone when i'm not at home, or if there is gonna be some dumb ass MLB blackout.

i signed up for vue a few months ago. combined price with time warner internet is about $85. i was paying about $130 for uverse prior to moving.

vue is pretty good. the service will interrupt from time to time, but my guess is it's more to do with internet connection than vue. i also purchased an antenna for live sports on fox, cbs, nbc & abc.

I have PS Vue too. Best decision I've ever made. Great streaming service and I don't miss a thing. For Angels/Ducks games I just watch on the Fox Sports Go App like Blarg mentioned, if I'm on the go. You sign in with your PSN info and you're good to go. I just wish they had MLB Network and NHL Network but I heard they're talking about adding them. I pay $45 a month for that and access it on my PS4 in the living room and my PS3 in the bedroom.

I have Playstation Vue and it is worth it to save money.  There are a couple channels I wish they had like El Rey, but they are always adding channels so it may end up on there.  The MLB Network is supposed to be coming to Vue sometime this year, so that will be great.

I have heard Directv has even more channels than Vue and costs a bit less.  I think the only channel they don't have is CBS and CBS owned channels.

I ditched Directv for SlingTV because all I really need is FSW/Prime, NBC Sports and seasonally ESPN (just for college bowl season) & BeIN sports (MotoGP season).  

25/mo is a great deal.  The main drawback and it is huge, that they don't provide and actively disallow dvr use.  This has really changed the way I watch sports for the worse but thats the trade off for paying almost $100/mo less.  On the plus side, many of the channels have their best programming on demand e.g. I can binge watch the best shows from FX & AMC.

Someone mentioned a cloud DVR with the PS VUE.  Does that include sports programming like Angels/Kings/Ducks or are there some limitations?

The DVR feature for PS Vue is a little different. You add the show to "My Shows" and it saves all recordings of that show for 28 days after the original air date, and it automatically sorts them. So you don't get to actually keep it forever. It does include live stuff like sports.

Used to use MLB.tv with unblocker (google it) to avoid the blackout.  Its $30 a month combined for basically MLB only. 

Whats nice about MLB.tv is that they have condensed games.  Sadly if I can't watch a game in time, the condensed version is the last pitch of every play/out and goes for about 10 mins. 

I think you get that with the MLB at bat subscription for $3 a month, along with MLB audio which beats spotty AM 830.

At the moment I'm fighting with my SonyTV to accept the DNS so MLB.tv will work, but no dice. 

• 1 month later...