• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random A-holes

Taylor

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

I used them all the time. Even memorized numbers for the fruit and vegetables that I buy all the time. Much faster and you don't have to deal with anyone.

same here. it sounds like all alberstsons and safeways everywhere just eliminated the self-checkout machines. 

it's a little more inconvenient for me, but on the bright side, it probably keeps a job position open for an actual person. 

anyway...dealt with a random asshole today who happened to be a parent. usually, they're pretty great, but this one freaked at me because i didn't recognize her daughter's genius. 

2 hours ago, cezero said:

you can always tell a person who has never worked a service job in their life.

anybody who's worked as a checker or in any type of service job has to deal with both of them, and has equal disdain for them. both fail to show common courtesy to others. 

if i get irritated with somebody, i don't let it show. i have lots of practice with my job.  no need to put the checker through that, especially.

Well, I've never worked as a checker, waiter, fast food dude, etc , but I never give them a hard time. 99% of them are just trying to get through their shift. The other 1% are just dicks.

funny thing... I can't believe how many of you worked at a fast food joint or delivered pizzas. 

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I've just lowered my expectations in public places. I try not to let every a-hole I run into irritate me. My daughter and I usually do the grocery shopping together and we like to make fun of them. We even take bets on how many items won't scan.

exactly. this goes for a person's conduct and their competency. 

I used to work in a grocery store in a deli and would get some really snooty people acting like they were superior a lot.  When these types would ask me where an item in the store was I would tell them it was on a made up aisle number 1 higher than however many aisles we had.  So if we had 11 aisles I would tell them whatever they were looking for was on aisle 12.  

12 hours ago, Lou said:

exactly. this goes for a person's conduct and their competency. 

i greatly encourage my kids to try and work at INO. while my order has once in a great while been off, i've never had bad service. the kids who work there work hard and are extremely well trained. they learn how to work well at their job and they also learn how to interact in a very professional way with the public. those are incredibly important skills that sadly aren't taught at all places. 

On 3/2/2017 at 10:01 AM, cezero said:

chip cards are still a fucking mystery to far too many people.

The problem that I have run into is that in some places, I will slide the chip card in, nothing happens, and the cashier says "Our chip reader doesn't work. You will have to slide the card." If the chip reader does work and you slide the card, nothing happens. If the card works both ways, I don't know why the reader doesn't.

3 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Some have even gone so far as to put tape over the card slot, so that people won't insert the chip.

That hasn't been legal for awhile now. I think Safeway and Albertsons got rid of self-checkout just to not have to deal with people not knowing how to use the cards. 

15 hours ago, calscuf said:

Dammit you non-reading fuckers.  Albertsons/Safeway got rid of self-checkout because of problems with theft. They've admitted it.  There's been news stories.  

I expect Cez to act like I didn't say that before because his little vagina has blocked me, but we have a definitive answer from the company.

you could have just said public school. a lot less typing 

Years ago I worked at Love's Country Store part-time, Sunday mornings and some weekday evenings (I had another full-time job). This was before debit cards and ATMs, so the vast majority of our business was in cash (just a smattering in credit cards, mostly fuel sales). The people who irritated me the most were those who tried to buy a pack of gum with a $100 bill, then got pissed when I told them that I couldn't break it. Because of the potential for robberies, we weren't allowed to keep more than $50 cash in the drawer, and we had a floor safe that we made periodic cash drops into when the cash started to build up. There were also people who tried to give us a check, then got mad when we wouldn't take it because we were already holding a bounced check of theirs.

Last night I decided to hit up my favorite taco stand in Hollywood (Cactus on Vine) which happens to be cash only. I don't like carrying much cash on me anyway, so I just had a few 20s and a 10. My burrito and drink came to a little over $9, so I handed the guy the 10 and dropped the change in the tip jar.

Fast forward about ten minutes and I'm devouring this burrito. I have grease all over my hands, salsa and lime juice everywhere, probably even some sour cream on my mouth - just pure messy burrito bliss. Out of no where this lady comes right up to me and says "Do you have any money?" She's dressed alright, not quite 'derelict,' more like 'clearance rack at the good will.'

My mind instantly goes to "this bitch sure as hell isn't getting a $20" and I quickly say "No - sorry. :-("  

There is just a moments pause before she shifts her weight, and puts her hands on her hips. Her 'pity me' facial expression turns to a cold stare.... It lasted for what felt like an eternity until finally she let out a "bull shit" and walked away.

• 3 years later...
On 3/4/2017 at 5:00 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Last night I decided to hit up my favorite taco stand in Hollywood (Cactus on Vine) which happens to be cash only. I don't like carrying much cash on me anyway, so I just had a few 20s and a 10. My burrito and drink came to a little over $9, so I handed the guy the 10 and dropped the change in the tip jar.

Fast forward about ten minutes and I'm devouring this burrito. I have grease all over my hands, salsa and lime juice everywhere, probably even some sour cream on my mouth - just pure messy burrito bliss. Out of no where this lady comes right up to me and says "Do you have any money?" She's dressed alright, not quite 'derelict,' more like 'clearance rack at the good will.'

My mind instantly goes to "this bitch sure as hell isn't getting a $20" and I quickly say "No - sorry. :-("  

There is just a moments pause before she shifts her weight, and puts her hands on her hips. Her 'pity me' facial expression turns to a cold stare.... It lasted for what felt like an eternity until finally she let out a "bull shit" and walked away.

How did I miss this gem. If you had offered her the burrito she would have really lit into you.