• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Packing (luggage) Tips

NJHalo

Just got back from a long weekend in Florida with the wife and kids. As my girls are getting older, suitcase space and weight is becoming a bigger issue.

We are going to Italy this summer and need to pack for 2 weeks. We will have a car and two of the places we stay at have washer/dryer, but I definitely need to condense.

Tips?

People swear by packing cubes. For me, not so much.

Not sure what all youre planning to do, so cant give you too much advice. (Ie, cold weather trip is more to pack).

Simple tip though, buy a pack of underwear and socks...throw away old ones and dont waste space having to repack dirty ones. 

T

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Ha, I've been doing that on my solo trips (well, throwing away my old undies that I brought with me and buying a new pack at home).  I'm not sure its helping much, but I feel like I'm winning.

That makes more sense than buying new pack and leaving them behind. 

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

Brilliant. Buy your clothes on Prime, have them delivered to the hotel, wear them a week then return them saying they were the wrong size, please ignore the pasta stains.

I was thinking something along those lines. "Dear Amazon, I am returning the underwear I just received 10 days ago because every pair had skid marks in them"

17 hours ago, NJHalo said:

T

That makes more sense than buying new pack and leaving them behind. 

Either way, the point being dont bring home your dirty unmentionables. Makes more space in your bag to bring something home.

Keep in mind when i travel, i travel...lots of moving around. If youre with the family its likely not as hectic, so you only need to unpack and repack once.

16 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Either way, the point being dont bring home your dirty unmentionables. Makes more space in your bag to bring something home.

Keep in mind when i travel, i travel...lots of moving around. If youre with the family its likely not as hectic, so you only need to unpack and repack once.

Actually, we are staying in four different locations over 13 nights, so any advice is appreciated. 

Each person gets a bag that fits as carry-on. That's all the room you get, deal with it. I like backpacks like this

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/product/896757/rei-co-op-stratocruiser-wheeled-pack-22

Two pair of pants, not jeans because they are heavy, don't roll up small and take forever to dry if they get wet and you don't have a dryer. I like these because they are comfortables and pack tight and light.

https://www.rei.com/product/111535/kuhl-renegade-pants-mens

a couple of pair of shorts, a flannel/long sleeve shirt, maybe a thermal to layer and a jacket like this

https://www.rei.com/product/878092/rei-co-op-down-jacket-mens

it packs down to the size of a beer can and keeps you warm.

Buy 4 plain T-shirts, 4 pair of socks and pair of underwear. Wear them, wash them and leave them. it will open up space for that cool "I ate Pizza at the Leaning  Tower of Pizza" shirt.

Don't forget what you wear on the plane also counts as packing so you really have 5 shirts etc. I always wear an extra long sleeve flannel shirt or the like.

Then carry a messenger bag or something like it for electronics, personal items etc.

You can do three weeks like this easy.

The don't travel with a woman is sage advice.  Most of the time I ran into trouble because my wife bought gifts for every person we ever known. 

As a suggestion that would actually help you, Walmart sells travel kits for men and women.  The men's one has a small deodorant, Perk Shampoo, razor, shaving cream, comb, toothbrush and paste.  Not enough for 13 days, but you should be able to supplement with the free stuff from the hotels.  If need be you can toss it at the end of the trip.