• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Sign Dustin Ackley to Minor League Deal

ettin

If Ackley makes our roster it means a number of things. 

1. A major player got hurt.

2. A backup got hurt.

3. We have absolutely no one else to give ab's to or even trade for.

4. Gives us something to complain about similar to John McDonald and Featherweight.

He's just not good! Even in Yankee stadium with the short porch in right last year he hit....

.161 .289 .161

compared to on the road...

.133 .188 .133

vs. rh starters......

.146 .236 .146 .382

I would almost rather see the first ever middle schooler signed and given playing time to!

Hey! But, But, But, he was a 1st rounder!!!!!!....... smh......

It seems to me that Dustin Ackley would be a great corner infielder/outfielder off the bench. His defense is much more passable at the corners probably and if he only hits against RHP and can reproduce the 10% BB% and 5.5% K% he had in 2016 (50 PA's but K% correlates at 50 PA's so....) you might have a useful backup player (big if here though I'm not holding my breath on this).

Probably the Angels have him here in case they are not in contention at the trade deadline and can stick him in to replace Espinosa or someone else that gets traded.

10 hours ago, ettin said:

It seems to me that Dustin Ackley would be a great corner infielder/outfielder off the bench. His defense is much more passable at the corners probably and if he only hits against RHP and can reproduce the 10% BB% and 5.5% K% he had in 2016 (50 PA's but K% correlates at 50 PA's so....) you might have a useful backup player (big if here though I'm not holding my breath on this).

Probably the Angels have him here in case they are not in contention at the trade deadline and can stick him in to replace Espinosa or someone else that gets traded.

Dude has played mostly the OF, 1B and DH over the last few years.... And has never played 3B in his career.....

2 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Dude has played mostly the OF, 1B and DH over the last few years.... And has never played 3B in his career.....

The reason he never played 3B was due to an arm injury earlier in his career that prevented him from throwing from across the diamond so maybe that is a stretch I agree. However someone who couldn't quite stick at 2B could hypothetically move to the corner OF spots and be above average, it happens all the time.

It was just a thought that crossed my mind I can be dissuaded by a good argument Slappy!