• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Truck plows into crowd at Berlin Christmas market 12 dead, 48 injured

Jay

Nice border security:

Authorities are retracing Amri's three days on the run, a trek that could raise even more questions about border security throughout Europe. After fleeing Germany, he made his way to the French region of Savoy and then took a train to Milan, according to Italian news agency ANSA.

On 12/23/2016 at 7:05 AM, Jay said:

Nice border security:

Authorities are retracing Amri's three days on the run, a trek that could raise even more questions about border security throughout Europe. After fleeing Germany, he made his way to the French region of Savoy and then took a train to Milan, according to Italian news agency ANSA.

Pretty much all of europe is open. driving into russia youll pass through border security, but the rest is as easy as walking into a train station and having cash for the kiosk

In the EU, it's the responsibility of the country of first entry to process and vet any refugee/asylum-seeker. 

I just got back from Europe (ironically, this happened while I was over the Atlantic), and all I was asked for when going from Copenhagen to Berlin (flight), Berlin to Amsterdam and back (train), or Berlin to Prague (train) was my ticket. They are all within the Schengen zone, and travel within the Schengen zone is open. However, when flying from Schengen to non-Schengen and back (Berlin-Belfast, Prague-London), they are pretty serious about making sure you're allowed to enter. 

Once this guy was allowed into Italy, he could pretty much go wherever he wanted to. It would have had nothing to do with individual countries' border security, if the point of first entry was on the ball.

This will have very little effect on Merkel's re-election as Chancellor. All that will change is that AfD (Alternative for Germany) will get at least 5% of the vote (probably in the teens), and that will qualify them to gain some seats in the Bundestag. That was going to happen anyway.

15 hours ago, calscuf said:

I don't know man. There is a border guard when you enter the EU, he asks "how long are you here" where are you going" stamps your passport and waves you in.  Grab your bags and walk straight out.  No customs check (at least in Germany, Denmark), that's it, you're in.

They've also got a computer screen where (I'd imagine) they're checking if you're on a watch list or wanted for any crimes. At least they had one when I went thru customs.