• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A new Tea Party for the Left

6 hours ago, calscuf said:

I'm annoyed at the people who thought America is a bad place now and needed fixing.  We went over this a few weeks ago.  If your life is shitty, it's because you don't work hard enough, don't have enough education, made bad life decisions or are just plain too stupid to be successful.  I guarantee anyone disagreeing with the first sentence is guilty of at least one thing in the second.

People from the rust belt who think Teuml is going to bring back manufacturing jobs are in for a sad dose of reality.

The economy is doing pretty damn good, which makes me laugh at some of you old white guys who I know are doing fine economically but are still pro-Trump.  Uneducated folks from dying towns? I can understand them voting for Trump.  A 50 year old from Mission Viejo making $120,000/year?  Not so much.

Another perfect example of Dems just not getting it. If it were all about money I should have voted for Hillary. It would have been the safe choice for my investments, at least according to the media who have been wrong about everything.

Everybody here at one point or another has expressed that we need to shake stuff up inWashington. Maybe not everybody but especially the third-party folks. So here it is, things are being shaken.

Personally my vote was anti-Hillary. To me it was perfectly clear that she should be kept out of the white house, just as clear as it was to you who think she should have been elected.

10 hours ago, calscuf said:

I'm annoyed at the people who thought America is a bad place now and needed fixing.  We went over this a few weeks ago.  If your life is shitty, it's because you don't work hard enough, don't have enough education, made bad life decisions or are just plain too stupid to be successful.  I guarantee anyone disagreeing with the first sentence is guilty of at least one thing in the second.

People from the rust belt who think Teuml is going to bring back manufacturing jobs are in for a sad dose of reality.

The economy is doing pretty damn good, which makes me laugh at some of you old white guys who I know are doing fine economically but are still pro-Trump.  Uneducated folks from dying towns? I can understand them voting for Trump.  A 50 year old from Mission Viejo making $120,000/year?  Not so much.

There's more to America than the economy. This country is on the verge of becoming a bad place––terrorism is still a real threat, crime is up, and mass shootings are a regular occurrence.

Maybe the economy has been good to you, but there are plenty of people unhappy with the direction of this country and plenty of people suffering because of the choices made by Obama and his recent predecessors. 

I believe Donald Trump will actually re-negotiate our trade deals and bring some jobs back. Donald Trump is a protectionist, and we might finally see some real change.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Donald Trump has yet to be defined by action so don't start putting a label on a bottle that has no content. You may be calling something an IPA when in fact it is a urine sample.

By the same token we should wait and see what he does before labeling him as a failure.

22 hours ago, Paul said:

There's more to America than the economy. This country is on the verge of becoming a bad place––terrorism is still a real threat, crime is up, and mass shootings are a regular occurrence.

That is a really good point...sure...it's not actually true...but it's a really good point. 

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/dueling-claims-on-crime-trend/

Violent Crime Rate Chart

40 minutes ago, red321 said:

That is a really good point...sure...it's not actually true...but it's a really good point. 

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/dueling-claims-on-crime-trend/

Violent Crime Rate Chart

Murders in CA have been rising since 2010:

2010: 1,809

2011: 1,792

2012: 1,884

2013: 1,746

2014: 1,700

2015: 1,861

For the entire nation:

"The data, part of an annual report released on Monday by the F.B.I., showed that the murder rate rose 10.8 percent across the United States in 2015, part of a nearly 4 percent increase in violent crime."

I think the graph you provided is really misleading for a number of reasons.

Heres a infograph from NYT:

BMaxb9w.jpg

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Paul, those numbers in CA don't add up to "rising since 2010." They are up and down, with the high point in 2012 and a downward trend for a couple years and then another high point in 2015.

Are you suggesting that the murder rate in 2015 is an outlier?

I think the graph is misleading for a number of reasons....because....why?

So let's replace it with a chart that instead of showing violent crime trends over the last decade or so with a chart showing a subset of violent crime data from one year...

You can't determine trends from one year, you have to look at trends over a period of time. If numbers were to increase in the upcoming years, then you could state the trend is crime is rising, but to take one year's data to say crime is increasing is not statistical analysis.

10 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Charts aside, suffice to say that the middle class is getting screwed and it hasn't mattered who has been running the country.  

Yep. So let's elect a racist, sexist, New York billionaire with a track record of screwing others for his own gain while doing and saying things on a nearly daily basis that would land all of us in the HR office at best. That's the ticket for the middle class. The ticket wasn't either of them, it was just that it was less so that guy.

On 11/11/2016 at 0:03 PM, Jay said:

I think the Clinton campaign was basically Obama III and she couldn't differentiate herself from that. She had no big idea so the message was essentially "more of the same" but with her ethical problems the whole thing just rang hollow.

As detestable as it is, "Make America great again" was a brilliant campaign theme. I can't even tell you what Hillary's was.

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

Yep. So let's elect a racist, sexist, New York billionaire with a track record of screwing others for his own gain while doing and saying things on a nearly daily basis that would land all of us in the HR office at best. That's the ticket for the middle class. The ticket wasn't either of them, it was just that it was less so that guy.

Well, when the other side says just more of the same where do you expect people to go?

for the record, I wanted nothing to do with Trump and don't think he will do anything for the middle-class.  I just get why a lot of folks didn't vote for the same old thing

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

If there was a better candidate as the opposition then Trump never would have been elected. Blame yourselves for not making that possible.