• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeff Fletcher's Previous Career

ettin

I finally figured out why Jeff pursued a career in sports writing because he clearly loves to WHIP it!

Jeff Fletcher OCR.jpgJerry Casale DEVO.jpg

Sorry Jeff this is the clash and culmination of listening to too much music, reading baseball and needing a break from reading all of these NASA mission specifications at work.... :D

well, he'll need some good reading material while covering the Angels 'winter meetings'

it'll be like waiting at the airport -- I don't see much happening with the Halos.

does anyone see any blockbuster deals or big signings?  I don't.

Some tinkering around the edges of the roster.

One thing I ask of the Halos front office -- don't do what the Dodgers used to do and I think the Halos have been guilty of on occasion -- don't have a real 'do nothing' off-season and then have the GM and front office narrative be that the one or two second tier deals/ signings made are a BIG DEAL and going to transform the club........please not that.

Stick with --" we didn't do much" (which, from some of the past Halos' off-season moves, may be BETTER than doing SOMETHING) "and we're going with what we got hoping to compete.........if everything goes right and we don't suffer a batch of injuries we might be in position to make a deadline deal for the stretch run that could make a difference."

that's a lot better than "hey, this lower level prospect we got for Catcher Carlos Perez is going to break out big"  (Have we already traded Perez away? Can't remember).

2 hours ago, disarcina said:

well, he'll need some good reading material while covering the Angels 'winter meetings'

it'll be like waiting at the airport -- I don't see much happening with the Halos.

does anyone see any blockbuster deals or big signings?  I don't.

Some tinkering around the edges of the roster.

One thing I ask of the Halos front office -- don't do what the Dodgers used to do and I think the Halos have been guilty of on occasion -- don't have a real 'do nothing' off-season and then have the GM and front office narrative be that the one or two second tier deals/ signings made are a BIG DEAL and going to transform the club........please not that.

Stick with --" we didn't do much" (which, from some of the past Halos' off-season moves, may be BETTER than doing SOMETHING) "and we're going with what we got hoping to compete.........if everything goes right and we don't suffer a batch of injuries we might be in position to make a deadline deal for the stretch run that could make a difference."

that's a lot better than "hey, this lower level prospect we got for Catcher Carlos Perez is going to break out big"  (Have we already traded Perez away? Can't remember).

This team just needs some tweaking.