• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What doesn't kill us

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

This is why I don't understand people losing their minds about giving up a draft pick to sign an established player. The path of a baseball player to the majors is longer and more filled with figurative potholes than that of a player in any other sport. It is also a sport in which a bona fide skill is not necessarily a ticket to success. Hitting a baseball is probably the single most difficult thing in all of sports to do, and it is a thing that even the best hitters in the game fail at two thirds of the time. Fewer top draft picks make it in baseball than any other sport, and that isn't even debatable.

It's about not having a weak farm.

Granted it takes a lot of different things to make up a strong farm, and not just 1st round picks.

23 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It's about not having a weak farm.

Granted it takes a lot of different things to make up a strong farm, and not just 1st round picks.

Agree AO.  We have to draft smarter throughout the draft, not just the first rounder.  Plus we can build up the farm the way Eppler is doing it now, adding young guys to our system through acquisition who could contribute for several years at an entry level salary.  One is pitching tomorrow, Meyer.  And we have to get back to adding promising international players.  I think Eppler is doing a good job of moving us in the right direction, it's just going to take some patience.

4 hours ago, tomsred said:

Agree AO.  We have to draft smarter throughout the draft, not just the first rounder.  Plus we can build up the farm the way Eppler is doing it now, adding young guys to our system through acquisition who could contribute for several years at an entry level salary.  One is pitching tomorrow, Meyer.  And we have to get back to adding promising international players.  I think Eppler is doing a good job of moving us in the right direction, it's just going to take some patience.

That's my thing. Yeah, the draft pick is important, but in recent years we've screwed that up too. It's more important that we draft better,  other just higher.